Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
His initial acceleration is quick...he knows what hes going to do as hes receiving ths ball...has good awareness and plays with his head up.

His dribbling is not average...its very very good...hes like McManaman was for the RS with the close control.

One footed + not a high top speed id say are the weaknessss.

Shooting we'll see...he wasnt getting in the box for Burnley so mostly long shots i think.

Only 22 and lots of upside.
If he knows what to do, he will not be achieving that type of stats. It’s very one dimension game, if you enjoy percentage crossing you’d like him.

If you want penetrating runs and quick breaks exciting 3 on 3 counter, byline cutbacks, scoring in and out of the box, you’d be disappointed.

It's one of those signings where if you are a fan of one of the other clubs that was linked with him you are beyond relieved to have "missed out". Unfortunately, for us it's one of those where we think why/how haven't the front office learnt from signings like Walcott, Bolasie etc in the past. Rinse and repeat sadly.

Not playing a 532 then if Lamps is buying wingers.

we've not played that anyway, we played 523 for much of last season under Frank and we played that way against Blackpool as well. Playing with 2 strikers would be madness as we only have Rondon and DCL.

This assist stuff...he will be playing with different players in a different system. Ignore who actually gets assists, it doesn't matter.

I think he would play more centrally for us. Always up for taking the ball and can change defence into attack pretty quickly.

I reckon he would be a good signing.

It's one of those signings where if you are a fan of one of the other clubs that was linked with him you are beyond relieved to have "missed out". Unfortunately, for us it's one of those where we think why/how haven't the front office learnt from signings like Walcott, Bolasie etc in the past. Rinse and repeat sadly.

Well said.

Not prolific, but still young.

Not a replacement for Richarlison. Won’t get the goals. Can dribble and run with the ball. Left footed.

This deal is probably staggered payments whilst the release clause for Cornet probably needed to be paid up front. I’m guessing

I'm sure you're right, just not that keen on McNeill.

Hoping that the people that like him are right. Would prefer Cornet.

Status
Not open for further replies.