2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branthwaite will be back next year to fill any gap a sale of Keane would pose. Take the money now and chance Tarky and Coady stay fit.

Coleman and Mykolenko have both played as centre backs as well if we have an emergency.

Keane is on far too much wages to be left rotting on the bench.
If we can burn the foreign loan slot to cure the depth problem, and if Moyes will indeed take Keane off our hands on a permanent, I can get behind this.

I can't see a universe where Moyes is fool enough to pay us a fee and absorb Keane's wages. If he does, sure, snap his hand off. I just don't think that's in any way realistic.

I like Keano he's a good player. I'm just waiting for after a few games when we get stretched and tarky and coady start making the same kind of mistakes Keane made last season and then people realise that Keane wasn't so bad after all.
I'm a lot more forgiving to Keane than many around here.

I have also been in camp "sell if possible" for a while now and would have a hard time arguing your position with a straight face.

I like Keano he's a good player. I'm just waiting for after a few games when we get stretched and tarky and coady start making the same kind of mistakes Keane made last season and then people realise that Keane wasn't so bad after all.
Maybe not so much Tarky and Coady, but since he had come Godfrey has never looked anything better and Mina is one of our worst signings for years, but neither get as much criticism

I feel like last season Keane either scored an OG, or made mistakes which led to us losing a game on at least 3 or 4 occasions.

The Covid season he was decent, but I never feel comfortable that we won’t concede when he’s on the pitch. I can see why people think he’s awful.

It wouldn’t bother me to keep him as back up, due to the Godfrey injury and Mina being made out of cheese. It also wouldn’t bother me if we sold him.

Baffles me how fans can't see how we can't let go a centre half and why we needed Coady. One more time for the people at the back.

We're looking to play a back three.

Tarkowski
Coady
Keane
Holgate

That's all we have fit.

Coleman and Mykolenko would both probably start ahead of Keane in a back three though mate.

Everyone fit I think Keane's 8th choice atm, even now still probably 6th choice.

Not even sure if Welch would get in ahead of him in things like league cup games

Any offer of 10m+ we should seriously take though - he's basically an emergency player now and we're paying him 80-100k fir the next three years, this is probably the best chance to get him permanently off the pay roll.

10m fee for him basically is worth the equivalence of 22.5m in terms of fee and wages saved by selling him (assuming he's on the low estimate of 80k pw) and saves us 4.1m a year on P&S and boosts the current seasons by 14.1m which would seriously increase our options in bringing players in these next few weeks.

Selling Keane could actually enable us to afford to buy a Broja instead of us having to settle on a lad from Coventry or third choice striker at Rennes whose a journeyman for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.