• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never put a tory banner in my window because I hate the tories. I'd have to have strong feelings against something to outright refuse to put it in my window for 2 hours. Thanks I think you helped me make my point.
No you've missed the point mate. You wouldn't put a tory banner in your window because you choose not to.

If someone suggested you should and you refused, you'd feel vindicated, as it's your right do to it or not. But the outside world would then have a view of you and judge you on it.

That's what's happened to Gueye.

No you've missed the point mate. You wouldn't put a tory banner in your window because you choose not to.

If someone suggested you should and you refused, you'd feel vindicated, as it's your right do to it or not. But the outside world would then have a view of you and judge you on it.

But WHY I chose not to is the point. Like I said I’d have to be strongly against something to flat out refuse. I don’t want to be the villain here derailing the thread and fighting with fellow blues so I’ll keep my thought to myself now.

Sorry if I'm late to this, but in my night time doom scrolling on twitter, I'm sure I saw him announced, but then it was quickly deleted. Was I wrong or dreaming it? It was a 'welcome home Idrissa' post. if I dreamt it, I now have a very low bar for the blues even in my dreams lol

More accurately only a small % of people are judging Gueye. The majority don't really give a damn.

But WHY I chose not to is the point. Like I said I’d have to be strongly against something to flat out refuse. I don’t want to be the villain here derailing the thread and fighting with fellow blues so I’ll keep my thought to myself now.
Fair enough mate - I see where you come from, and I'm coming from a different position (WHY I choose not to is secondary to my right to choose, privately, which I defend).

But no gain in pursuing this here.

Out of interest, what'll you do if we sign him now?

I'd prefer Camara anyway... or someone with some resale value. Also old players going back is never as it was (see Rush at the RS for example)
My thoughts exactly. The fact that strong links to Camara have been in the news, makes me think this would be poor business. Its fair to note its hard to understand the resources at the clubs disposal for deals, which would cast this in a different light.

That said succession and resale value are paramount in near every deal we do moving forward considering the lack of movable assets broadly rostered. Gueye is a potential buy low candidate, but the rationale removed from his past relationship with the club would be hard to make. If we simply cover his wages it might fall in line with the other deals made in a similar vein, but if Camara's value is viable, theres no world where that shouldnt be the priority.

Fair enough mate - I see where you come from, and I'm coming from a different position (WHY I choose not to is secondary to my right to choose, privately, which I defend).

But no gain in pursuing this here.

Out of interest, what'll you do if we sign him now?
I won’t like it but just like any other player when they put on the shirt and go out on the pitch I’ll support him as part of the team. I’d defend his right to choose too, just your choice says something to me.

Anyway whatever happens let’s just hope it’s good for the team on the pitch, we can have different opinions, but that we can all agree on.

And I see the rainbow numbers as more the club making a statement than the individual players. Refusing to wear it however does imo make a statement.

I do find Gueye's past actions uncomfortable in relation to this addition. I personally think it's not wise really in a football sense either, but I also think its more than reasonable to suggest his positions are enough to not want him at the club. Football's sociopolitical issues are complicated enough to go one step further and willingly sign up for a specific dynamic knowingly.

Seriously! How many times? Football here!

This thread below was created for those who want to argue with each other knowing that no one's going to actually change their minds.

316C636C-0D36-488D-9CAB-2DBDB1DCD94B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.