Do we have the worst attack in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

DCL can only play one style of football

Rondon seems long past it

Gordon terrible in front of goal & can’t finish.

I do think we have the players capable of the build up play but we are just short of the end product. If we can get 2 new natural strikers in this month then I think we are ok.

We have an attack?
Exactly what I thought too.

This started when we never signed anyone as true competition for DCL a couple 3 years ago, he was just an automatic name on the team sheet, he had no fear of being dropped as there was nobody there to drop him for. He played many a game and stunk the place out. A very unhealthy situation.

He then hits his short purple patch and does then deserve his place, sadly the need for competition for him then slips even further away from thought.

Then he get's injured. Brilliant forward thinking.

Our leading goal scorer is somebody else’s fullback, we don’t have an attack.
We are like a dog with no teeth, we can’t bite you but we can give you a nasty suck.

Player for player we probably do have one of the weakest attacking line ups in the league. Our starting players would be at best squad options for most of the league. Carried by Richarlison papered over the gaping chasms of quality.

Yes.

McNeill scored one goal for Burnley I think last season?

Gordon has potential but scoring isn't one of those facets yet.

Gray scored a few goals early last season but I really don't think he's played well under Lampard at all so he'd be dropped for me once a new CF is signed.

Rondon is just being used as late plan F which is understandable as he massively let Lampard down with his sending off v Brentford. In normal circumstances he'd have been let go in the summer. Again 1-2 goals last season?

With promoted teams Mitrovic already scored twice and desperate to prove he can do it at this level. Kieffer Moore scored a nice header for Bournemouth v Villa and could hit double figures and Forest signed Lingard and Maupay so that's a reasonable two to build around.

Club's got to stop gambling on DCL to stay fit and get in a reasonable alternative. In short term I'd play Iwobi in final third as he played there plenty of times for Arsenal and showed v Newcastle he can finish a critical chance.

I'm surprised all the young lads just got loaned out tbh aswell. O.k Dobbin is very young so that's understandable and Broadhead is 24 so needed to be moved on but surely Simms could've been kept just to see how he'd do in the August games?

Part of the history of club in last 30 years is giving young strikers a chance and rest is up to them. Rooney was always going to make it due to his incredible potential but others like Vaughan, Cadamartari, Branch and Jeffers were all thrown in with various degrees of success.

They were all given a proper chance so bit baffling there's a sudden blockage to first team when it's arguably the weakest set of attacking options in all of premier league.

Our only goal so far is an og. Here's my idea. Michael Keane loves an own goal. Play him up front, but tell him to defend the opposition goal. Problem solved.

He finished the Palace goal bloody well in fairness to him. One of the most important goals of last season and any striker would've been proud of it.

A finish none of the current front 3 could really do.

We have, by far, the worst attacking line-up in the league.

They are utterly toothless and have no goals in a Gray/Gordon/McNeil three. There is no attacking threat whatsoever there, Dele and Rondon offer next to nothing, and until we have a proper CF playing every opponent will be licking their lips at playing us.

DCL is decent, but not great. Might get 10-15 goals out of him a season, if he's not injured. Richy scored important goals, but not a lot, and was criminal not to replace him as a point of priority.

Unless we get at least 1 CF in, there's no doubt no team in the Prem will score fewer goals than we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.