2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross had serious natural talent and could do things very few players could do. But when I look at his career I just think what a waste of top level talent.

But I see Gordon getting the very maximum out of his ability and keeping improving.

No doubt.

But in context of getting £40-50mill for him now...you can see why there's more fans open to it where as Barkley was a bit "Hold on, he could be our Gerrard/Lampard"

The club need to make a call on this one way or another in the next couple of days. If we are going to sell, then tell Chelsea the fee and the deadline and stick to it.
I'm sure they have already made the call, but now there playing the maximise the revenue game, you don't do that by taking the first offer.

Would love to keep Gordon, but for 45 to 50 mil, we have to sell. We are in a relegation battle and need goals in this team immediately. The Forest game is already critical. If we were a mid table team we could afford to give Gordon the time to further develop, but reality is we put ourselves in a deep hole with poor management.

Players like Cornet and Dennis while not perfect, sold for a combined 37.5 miil but netted a combined 18 or whatever it was goals. Goals win games. Get in a couple players that can find the back of the net and are versatile enough to play anywhere along the front line. Or even pluck the top talent from the Championship, surely 30 + 15 could net us a promising striker plus a winger with strong upside that have scored a bunch, at least at that level.

Poor on our part to drop 20 mil for McNeil before we replaced some of Richy’s goals. The strategy cannot be everybody kick it to Dom and hope he scores 40. Gordon may become that 8 to 10 goal guy with a bunch of assists, but if we wait to find out, I’m afraid he’ll be doing it for us in the Championship. Getting to 40 points without more goals is just not going to happen.

Interesting things words.

"Through a family friend, Anthony Gordon does not want to leave the club, his family don't want him to leave the club. If he ends up going it will be because the club have received an offer they could not refuse"

Exactly the same thing but makes it less harsh. Every player has a price.

The player is under contract for 3 more years. If he was adamant he wanted to stay then he could instruct his agent to stop all discussions. It might be uncomfortable for him, but no one can force him out of a long contract, and I doubt Chelsea would continue to pursue a player if they were adamant they didn't want to join.

I reckon he isn't pushing to leave but would move if the club accept the offer. That's usually the case for most players.

Gordon has a far better football head on his shoulders and a better attitude and work ethic. He will have a far better career, even if he does have less natural ability.
Football head is exactly what he doesnt have! He doesnt have a clue what to do on a pitch. School yard footballer.

The player is under contract for 3 more years. If he was adamant he wanted to stay then he could instruct his agent to stop all discussions. It might be uncomfortable for him, but no one can force him out of a long contract, and I doubt Chelsea would continue to pursue a player if they were adamant they didn't want to join.

I reckon he isn't pushing to leave but would move if the club accept the offer. That's usually the case for most players.

Yep.

There's no way they make a bid unless they have some indication the player and the club are interested

Status
Not open for further replies.