£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year they had Williams and Sigurdsson. We took Williams.
This year they have Mawson and Sigurdsson. We are taking Sigurdsson.

You will know better than me, do they have any other 'stars'? Llorente?

Is Mawson comparable to Keane?

I wonder what Swansea can do this season...
Taking Williams very nearly sent them down

Don't know mate, but I remember one Christmas a while back; I opened and ate half a box of after eight mints before I got to the till whilst doing a crimbo shop.

So I think it's doable

I always feel guilty storming through those...but more guilty (which I'm not usually) about the waste of paper...each chocolate laden delight encapsulated in a sexy black cover...

We'll take Mawson next summer. Probably be £100 million by then like.

Suddenly seemed to be flavour of the month just before the u21 championships and him giving interviews about wanting to be England captain etc...I remember he was signed from Barnsley...have to feel for Barnsley now...

Last year they had Williams and Sigurdsson. We took Williams.
This year they have Mawson and Sigurdsson. We are taking Sigurdsson.

You will know better than me, do they have any other 'stars'? Llorente?

Is Mawson comparable to Keane?

I wonder what Swansea can do this season...

I think Clement will do okay with them.

I know it's horrible to lose your best players, and I have no issue at all with the fee their demanding.

But fwiw they're a rather slimy bunch of characters to work with on deals I think.

I think splashing the cash big time is a huge statement to one man: the manager.

This is a question of you're getting exactly what you want, no excuses, go on and be sucessful.
There's nothing to hide behind if things don't go our way.

Swansea's owners basically saying they'll threaten us with tapping up even though we haven't done anything of the like.

They did exactly the same last year with Williams. trying to make themselves look good when in fact all of the stories of bids and Gylfi wanting out have come from their side.

We'll pay the fee because he's a very good player that the manager wants. It's too much but hey ho, we've had our fair share of bargains.

Just hate dealing with Swansea. Used to think they were alright but (some of, obviously not all) their fans are as deluded as they come and their a horrid club to do business with as well.

Not because of the fee. They have every right to demand whatever they want, but just how they go about it really.

Swansea could be doing themselves harm taking this stance.
Players come and go, that is the nature of football. If a club is seen to be holding a players career back though, that might be put off other ambitious players from signing for them. Yes every club wants to hold onto their best players but Swansea's stance here is OTT.

Southampton get players in, then make an excellent profit and buy in more. They have made excellent progress whilst doing so too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back