£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea could be doing themselves harm taking this stance.
Players come and go, that is the nature of football. If a club is seen to be holding a players career back though, that might be put off other ambitious players from signing for them. Yes every club wants to hold onto their best players but Swansea's stance here is OTT.

Southampton get players in, then make an excellent profit and buy in more. They have made excellent progress whilst doing so too.

They supposedly offered Gylfi assurances over his future when he signed his new deal.

If a club came in for him with an offer of over £30m they'd be happy to let him talk to said club etc.

They're going back on their word, again, which is probably why he's tried to force through the move.

The player signed a new contract recently.
Swansea could have said the player was not for sale at any price and that would have killed the interest or driven the price up higher.
Basically, they want to sell, but want to look as if they don't.

Swansea could be doing themselves harm taking this stance.
Players come and go, that is the nature of football. If a club is seen to be holding a players career back though, that might be put off other ambitious players from signing for them. Yes every club wants to hold onto their best players but Swansea's stance here is OTT.

Southampton get players in, then make an excellent profit and buy in more. They have made excellent progress whilst doing so too.
Oh dear, we have already turned into "those fans"....not much different to how we were to Chelsea over Stones a couple of seasons back.

Oh dear, we have already turned into "those fans"....not much different to how we were to Chelsea over Stones a couple of seasons back.

Or Moyes with us about Baines and Fellaini, for which everybody was in uproar!

I know what you mean, I hate that term "holding him back", its demeaning and insulting (which is probably the same thing! :oops:).

I do get the argument that Swansea don't want to sell hence the £50m price tag.

But at the same time, it's just low enough that some clubs (i.e. us) might pay it.

If they really didn't want to sell why not say £65m+ or something ridiculous that no one will pay?

I do get the argument that Swansea don't want to sell hence the £50m price tag.

But at the same time, it's just low enough that some clubs (i.e. us) might pay it.

If they really didn't want to sell why not say £65m+ or something ridiculous that no one will pay?

Everyone has their price

Can't see it going through quickly if Swansea are going to be tits about it.

The fee isn't the issue.

It's the fact that these guys agree to one thing and then do the other.

Everton are very clearly hard to do deals with, but we usually do set a firm price and stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back