Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think a player great at crossing and set pieces wouldnt make a great partnership with one of the best centre forwards in the air who btw scores a bucketload against the RS and has a 1 in 2 ratio in the league in general?

okay laarve x

Come on mate, you're better than this.

So you think a player great at crossing and set pieces wouldnt make a great partnership with one of the best centre forwards in the air who btw scores a bucketload against the RS and has a 1 in 2 ratio in the league in general?

okay laarve x

Something of an air of condescension there mate, never mind a mild suspicion of sexism - let's discuss and debate politely please.

So if we have offered to split the difference and go to £45mil
I want us to sign him now just to prove that when we want a player we'll get him even if it means paying 50m, we won't even put off.
we'll split the difference won't we!?
I still think he's overpriced and not a complete player at that price, but so many people on here say different so I'd be made up if he lives up to their expectations.

On the flip side he's different to what I think the obvious solutions are i.e. pace and a super Kevin Campbell type centre forward and Koeman must be putting together a formation not many will be expecting with no recognised centre forward (KC type). Works for Barca so happy days, bring it on blues!

I want us to sign him now just to prove that when we want a player we'll get him even if it means paying 50m, we won't even put off.
I'm not really a fan of clubs bullying another but the most successful clubs can be ruthless at times & as much as would like things done in a gentlemanly way, I also want to see us be successful. Swansea's head meet Everton's toilet.

I'm not really a fan of clubs bullying another but the most successful clubs can be ruthless at times & as much as would like things done in a gentlemanly way, I also want to see us be successful. Swansea's head meet Everton's toilet.
Exactly. I don't want us to be classless like Chelsea bidding low in the hope of unsettling a player and I wouldn't want us blatantly breaking the rules and tapping players up like the RS. We should be ruthless in our pursuit of a player we want but be respectful to their teams.

One thing I forgot about; Siggy likes to have a target man to aim at, but right now we don't have any target men. So we really need Giroud as well.

Exactly. I don't want us to be classless like Chelsea bidding low in the hope of unsettling a player and I wouldn't want us blatantly breaking the rules and tapping players up like the RS. We should be ruthless in our pursuit of a player we want but be respectful to their teams.

I'm not sure what bullying we've done.

We bid for a player. They rejected it.
The player heard about it and fancies the move.

That's about it isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.