£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most players get tapped up, naive to think otherwise. Barkley had his strings pulled months ago, Lukaku told us all he knew where he was going weeks before he signed for MU. The selling club accuses when it suits them, in this instance I think Seansea are upset because Ciggy has said he wants us, thereby snuffing out a bidding war. I'm not convinced we will get him now, but not srsed really, the games gone mad.

I don't consider that tapping up, and I doubt Swansea would be this agitated if that was all we'd done
They are losing the only player keeping them in the league. They're going to fight dirty, and I don't blame them.

They've seen how that allegation at least partially worked with VVD - even though there was a lot more smoke there.

It's worth throwing the allegation out. What's the worst that can happen for them?

No serious transfer bid is ever made without the buying club having some clue as to wether the player is interested in signing for them
What the point in putting in a 40 m bid and the club accepting and the player telling you to naff off
Agents talk and they find out the lie of the land for clubs and players

Fair comment, everything suggests Sigurdsson himself is keen on joining us. At his age it may represent his last chance of a significant transfer.

I don't really see this as tapping up even with blue-tinted specs. I don't see in this era how its possible for a clubs interest in a player to remain completely under wraps until a bid is made, there being so many parties involved on either side.

Perhaps he should have went on their US tour though, but him refusing to do so is the clearest indication possible that he wants out.

If he is leaving, then it suits Swansea to plant stories of their own and try to get the best possible fee for them, we would do the same.

Hope he joins us, it should be readily possible to bridge the gap in valuations that exists, if both sides agree in principle to do the deal.

The dream is over guys

upload_2017-7-17_10-27-58.webp

Don't think it was Garbutt ijjy. I can remember him coming in, being a bit of a prospect, then hearing nothing ever again (sounds like Garbutt) Would do a bit of Googling but hate doing it on the phone.

Everton reveal Luke Garbutt compensation fee

By Telegraph staff and agencies
10:37AM BST 08 Sep 2009

Everton have confirmed that they will have to pay an initial fee of £600,000 to Leeds for 16-year-old defender Luke Garbutt.

If Swansea really did not want to sell the player they could have made that obvious from the start. Instead they have never said that he isn't for sale , but the price must be right.

Swansea are happy to sell and probably rightly so. The money they get for Sigurdsson may allow them to but four or five players which could keep them in the premiership if they buy right.

I don't consider that tapping up, and I doubt Swansea would be this agitated if that was all we'd done

If it's tapping up they should at least have some sort of evidence or something that appears to be evidence.

At the moment it seems to be bluster and conjecture. They just warned about tapping up instead of saying it was occurring which leads me to believe they have nothing and are just desperate to hold on to their best player and avoid relegation.

Most players get tapped up, naive to think otherwise. Barkley had his strings pulled months ago, Lukaku told us all he knew where he was going weeks before he signed for MU. The selling club accuses when it suits them, in this instance I think Seansea are upset because Ciggy has said he wants us, thereby snuffing out a bidding war. I'm not convinced we will get him now, but not srsed really, the games gone mad.
especially @50M...even in these days you could (well should be able to) get better value for your 50 - but is this better player at the price actually available, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back