£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i'm not disappointed that he's the prime target of what should be a title chasing spurs side. A backup centre mid? seems odd.
I expected them to look at an upgrade on Lamela and Son, but I suppose they could feel as though they only need to back up what is already a very strong team.

So Jim White said that we will go nowhere near Swansea's valuation...

giphy.gif

That does make for an interesting debate in its own right. Is there a rule saying that clubs can't just come out & say that they are continuing thier pursuit of a player & will bid 42 million in the morning?
i don't think it's against the rules. Teams in the past have been very open about their targets. Cheslea with Stone, Spurs with Berahino. as long as you aren't speaking directly to the player without his current clubs permission you aren't breaking rules.

I expected them to look at an upgrade on Lamela and Son, but I suppose they could feel as though they only need to back up what is already a very strong team.

son has been brilliant, no need to upgrade there. They'll need a new RB now, but could easily just get a backup for trippier rather than a first teamer. Then another striker seeing as how badly janssen has done, send him out on loan to another prem team possibly. They don't actually have any wingers which could be an option to be explored as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back