Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
658.jpg

Bolasie created almost as many chances from open play in a third of a season. Swerve.
And yet, 13 assists to Barkleys 8. You know, the ACTUAL productive statistic of chances actually created into goals. Oh, and of course Gueye also had 13 assists, because he had the same number of chances right? Wrong, 13 to 1.

I suppose we can chose to either score goals, or feel good about all those goals we almost scored.

So far there's been nothing but posturing from all involved in this ménage a trois. We want £50 million for Barkley; thus far there haven't been any takers. Swansea want £50 million for Sigurdson; for us, that is apparently a bridge too far.

So what we have is Everton, Swansea and whoever, playing a very high stakes game of chicken. Who will blink first?

Not the first time I've asked this question this week, but I'll go again.

Who is a better player than Siguurdson, who also would significantly improve us, who fits Koeman/Walsh's gameplan, who is valued at "way less", and most importantly, actually wants to join us.

None of us know who will or won't sign for us.

If I say Keita Balde, Berardi or Felipe Anderson you'll say they won't sign and/or they are some jarg player from Serie A who wouldn't settle. Nabil Fekir? Max Meyer? Max Arnold? Max Kruse? That is 3 Germans all called Max for a start.

We don't know what the game plan is. Given we've signed Rooney/Klaassen I'm presuming he will play in the left of a front 3? Otherwise he is the third player who plays in the same position.

We pay Walsh and Koeman millions of pounds a year for a vast scouting network. For £50m the best player on the planet we could sign is Sigurdsson?

If we are limited to lower half team Prem League players then he might be the best. But that is a pretty limited market.

Last edited:

None of us know who will or won't sign for us.

If I say Keita Balde, Berardi or Felipe Anderson you'll say they won't sign and/or they are some jarg player from Serie A who wouldn't settle. Nabil Fekir? Max Meyer? Max Arnold? Max Kruse? That is 3 Germans all called Max for a start.

We don't know what the game plan is. Given we've signed Rooney/Klaassen I'm presuming he will play in the left of a front 3? Otherwise he is the third player who plays in the same position.

We pay Walsh and Koeman millions of pounds a year for a vast scouting network. For £50m the best player on the planet we could sign is Sigurdsson?

If we are limited to lower half team Prem League players then he might be the best. But that is a pretty limited market.

I'm pretty sure after last summers debacle that Walsh knows who is realistic and who is not. Complaining we haven't signed Isco instead of Gylfi is bizarre.

And yet, 13 assists to Barkleys 8. You know, the ACTUAL productive statistic of chances actually created into goals. Oh, and of course Gueye also had 13 assists, because he had the same number of chances right? Wrong, 13 to 1.

I suppose we can chose to either score goals, or feel good about all those goals we almost scored.
In addition, Swans as a team created 100 less chances than Everton as a whole...Must've been Gylfi's fault.

Not the first time I've asked this question this week, but I'll go again.

Who is a better player than Siguurdson, who also would significantly improve us, who fits Koeman/Walsh's gameplan, who is valued at "way less", and most importantly, actually wants to join us.

I know I sound a bit arsey here but I've not heard one realistic suggestion yet. Just Isco, James, Bernadeschi etc. Completely delusional shouts.

I agree, but that should of been one of Mosh's questions at Walsh's interview, instead we are being rinsed, like its the one thing you wanted on eBay and you keep upping your bid, knowing that the sellers best mate is just counter bidding to push the price up.
If we pay £50m, Walsh has failed.

Name them, I know thats a cliche, but hes the "best" choice in the league and he WILL outscore and out assist that midget City just bought, you can take that to the bank.

I get that and if we sign him, I'm all in on him. But we were told one of the reasons we like Sandro was he was boss at free kicks. Rooney is boss at free kicks. Dowell is boss at free kicks (though we differ on whether he'll be here this year).

Point being, haven't we already massively improved in that area?

I agree, but that should of been one of Mosh's questions at Walsh's interview, instead we are being rinsed, like its the one thing you wanted on eBay and you keep upping your bid, knowing that the sellers best mate is just counter bidding to push the price up.
If we pay £50m, Walsh has failed.

Ignoring all the other players we've bought like

I get that and if we sign him, I'm all in on him. But we were told one of the reasons we like Sandro was he was boss at free kicks. Rooney is boss at free kicks. Dowell is boss at free kicks (though we differ on whether he'll be here this year).

Boss at scoring free-kicks. This is a little different.

Iceland isnt just about free kicks, hes a football player, who cares how much he costs, honestly, its not our money.

Ignoring all the other players we've bought like

Not wanting to sound like you know who, but only Sandro seems like a find really, the others any of us could of probably picked and probably would of guessed a lower price.
Jury is still out on some of the younger players like Lookman, but other than Sandro, I'm a bit disappointed by Walsh, but I really hope he succeeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back