Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to ask you the other night during the match mate. But how do you see Sigs fitting in the team with the signings we have made so far? @Eggs

..funny enough I asked a similar question, Roydo. I keep mentioning 'blend' and the Manager needs to discover where to put talented footballers.

For me, Sigurdsson will play 10 but where does that leave Rooney? Rooney is still a talent but he's not the furthest forward player that Koeman suggested he could be. Time will tell if Rooney needs games to get up to speed or whether he can't see 90 mins out. I hope Koeman hasn't backed himself in a corner with Rooney. Perhaps Rooney will be used sparingly, if Sigurdsson signs I can see Rooney starting out wide.

If we sign a conventional CF, Sigurdsson plays no 10. Rooney and Sandro play 'inverted winger' positions. Sandro has been a bit like that anyway. The challenge has to be Rooney and whether the Manager will bench him at times.

The other consideration is CM. Koeman clearly likes Schneiderlin in that DM position but he also wants more from his midfielders. Schneiderlin will play but I think he'll be encouraged to also get forward more. Schneiderlin said as much himself last season. Gueye is brilliant at picking pockets but he doesn't provide the same dimension as Klaassen or Davies going forward. Koeman loves b2b midfielders, depending on the opposition I can see a CM axis of Schneiderlin/Klaassen, Schneiderlin/Gueye or Scneiderlin/Davies.

Mirallas might struggle for starts, Bolasie coming into the equation will add further options. Lookman needs to make himself undroppable. It's the competition for places we wanted.

Apologies, but you asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back