Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
they don't really though.

they aren't the same type of player.

Rooney is a second striker, Klaassen is a box-to-box midfielder with a knack of getting into the area, and Gylfi is a playmaker.

Definitely room for them all in a squad that needs to be rotated.
Never let facts get in the way of a good story.....

So we sign Rooney/Klaassen and Sigurdsson all who play in the same position. It is just bizarre.
What position is that, exactly? One is a box to box midfielder, the other is a playmaker that can play as a 10, but usually plays out left, the last is more of an attacking mid/false 9 that can play out on the right.

Frankly, they are really compatible.

If Matic is worth a fee rising to £45m why isn't Gylfi worth a fee rising to £50m?

Seems very inline with the current market.

Matic is transferring from one premier league rival to another top side. He has been heavily involved in two title winning teams in the last three seasons. And he is going to most likely cost less than Sigurdsson, and is only one year older. Completely different pedigree.

Reactions: dav

Matic is transferring from one premier league rival to another top side. He has been heavily involved in two title winning teams in the last three seasons. And he is going to most likely cost less than Sigurdsson, and is only one year older. Completely different pedigree.
He's a year older, he's going to cost 40M, he's also a defensive middy. If we needed one, heck, if we didn't have Klassen, sure he'd be great.

And that's wonderful that he won two titles, but that doesn't make him a better player than Sigurdsson. I would argue that Gyfil keeping Swans up last year was every bit as impressive as Matic's contributions last year to the title.

It certainly has a tone of that. I haven't been on Twitter this evening so cannot comment with absolute authority, but some of the aggregator algos are sending through feeds suggesting this.
Huh?

So the other sources saying it's virtually done don't count?

Huh?

So the other sources saying it's virtually done don't count?
As I said, I've not been on Twitter this evening. What are your sources telling you?

@Kurt is a well respected poster on here with good contacts. He stated its off so you have to take heed of that given Kurt's track record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back