Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these rumours of things being close are coming from Swansea and Koeman ie those who just want it done. But our last offer of 40 plus add one is miles away from what they want. Swansea were also saying they expected another offer last week.there is now a good chance this either doesn't get done or is only done in the last hours of the window. Anyway with Rooney playing the way he is I also think the no 10 role is taken anyway, much better to spend all our cash on a good centre half next season.

From here on, I'll have to think twice if anyone says anything is "close" ever again, be it football related or not.

Do you mean it's close or "Sigurdsson close"? :)

I have to find other things to do, other than be bothered with non-existent updates on this, every hour.

I hope its done this week, for sanitys sake.

@catcherintherye

With a blank teamsheet, where would you play him?

For me, it would be
Sigurdsson left sided centre mid
Davies right sided centre mid
Schneiderlin just behind

That looks decent, with Klaassen and Gana able to rotate in.

However, I think he's set to play on the left which knocks sandro, mirallas and then lookman down the pecking order.

Have to say, I think its odd we don't know ourselves who the 2 players are for each role yet....seems very square pegs to me

Well if the manager knows where he wants to play him, that's all that matters really Zat.

Thing with Gylfi is he can play in about 4 different roles.

Wide right or left with the freedom to roam. Behind the striker or, as you correctly point out, in a midfield three.

Apparently the sticking point is that Bill's only included two tickets to see Blood Brothers instead of the four that they're demanding!

That's alongside the complimentary peanuts and a cheap bottle of plonk in the interval he's also thrown in hoping to smooth over negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back