Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

May I ask where you get 70m from?

We made an accounting loss last accounts of around 26mish from memory, which probably means half of this years TV money will have gone towards paying that to a degree, we havent spent 7m, our manager is chatting wham on that score, as he constantly says "he doesnt get involved with the money side".

Klaassen 24m
Pickford 30m
Keane 30m
Sandro 5.2m
Henry 7m
Rooney 10m
Bowler 2m
Gibson 6m

114.2m

Geri 10.5m
Lukaku 100m
The Clev 8m

118.5m

This is how I see the "net spend" so far, if you factor in the 20m+ accounting loss from last accounts, add the "net spend" from January of another 20m, that accounts for the TV money increase from this season, add the "improved" commercials deals and also the wages increases we have made buy signing Morgan, Rooney and others this Summer and we probably have 50p and a Twix as far as "cash to hand".

And accounting loss definitely does not equate to debt. I could have a profit of 2m for the year. Then issues bonuses to all my staff for 3m. I have a loss of 1m. I don't have a debt.

Buck up your math Goat

We've not spent major money at all. We've been out spent by likes of Bournemouth.

To say we haven't spent major money isn't really true though. We might have balanced out transfer fees but when you take into account the costs of buying players and the extra wages, we've definitely spent a large amount of cash.

Klaassen 24m : 70k
Pickford 30m : 80k
Keane 30m : 80k
Sandro 5.2m : 80k
Henry 7m : No extra wage costs because of loan deal
Rooney 10m : 150k
Bowler 2m : 10k
Gibson 6m : 10k

114.2m : roughly 480k per week added to the wage bill.

Geri 10.5m : 50k
Lukaku 100m : 80k
The Clev 8m : 60k

118.5m : roughly 190k per week removed from the wage bill.

That's without including any of the transfers from the last two windows which no doubt added to the wage bill (Morgan, Bolasie, Williams etc).

Considering it's before a very likely £40m + 120k per week transfer in Gylfi, we haven't spent small change.

Good god people, relax.

He is but one piece of the jigsaw however

Which piece........

everton-goodison-park-1966-1000-piece-jigsaw-3217-p.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back