1 coherent campaign please

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraVires

Player Valuation: £8m
I just said it in the Digne thread but I think its worth saying again as you can't go on Twitter without coming across some new campaign.

As a fanbase, we are unhappy that the club seems to lack cohesion and a direction. However, as a fanbase we have the same lack of cohesion ourselves. It seems there is a new campaign every week whether it be the 27 years campaign, the communication campaign or a campaign to get better scran at the new stadium.

I am not saying those campaigns dont have merit and are not put together by good blues who have the best interests of the club at heart. What I am saying is that the leaders of all those campaigns need to come together and launch one consolidated campaign with a clear set of principles or manifesto that everyone can get behind. Otherwise we will continue to see things like the 27 years campaign falling a bit flat like it did a few weeks ago.

There is definitely a need for a campaign of some sort so we can get answers but multiple, fractured campaigns is not the way to go about it in my view.

You will never get one coherent opinion in a fan base the size of the club of Everton. You won't get one coherent idea or plan in a league 2 fan base either, because people can have different views.

For me, the campaign needs to be broad and narrow at the same time. The way you do that, is by having an overall aim of improving standards on and off the pitch at Everton. In that scenario pretty much everyone can buy in (unless they are deliberately obtuse), because no one can be happy with the standards on show.

I personally feel the club will never succeed under Benitez or Moshiri and would like to see both go. Others might feel that communications are the most important issue and can be improved without changing owner or manager. Others might that the owner just needs pressure to change his mind and improve his decision making, or that improving the make up of the board will help bring about the change.

But the simple fact is that everyone wants to see better for the club, so the status quo is not acceptable. That is what unites all fans (99.9% anyway). Everyone wants to see that the club is listening, that the club respects the fans, that the hierarchy understand the values of the club, and that the hierarchy understand changes need to be made to improve the club because the current position is unacceptable.

Fans will never agree on everything because football is a game of opinions and emotive. But everton fans agree on a heck of a lot more than we disagree on, and we need to stop bickering over the trivial things where we disagree. My opinion however is that unity can only be found again when we have a unifying force as manager. Others will disagree, and that's fine.

Call me extreme if you like, but I propose we hit Benitez hard and hit him fast with a major – and I mean major – leaflet campaign.
Leaflets won't be enough mate. Need to take out a small paid ad in the corner of page 8/9 of the local paper. That'll teach him.

Saying that, I don't want to take it too far. Might upset someone.

…..campaigns need to have an objective, not certain what one would be in this situation.

Talking generally, the majority of fans don’t like Benitez from a coaching, personality and background perspective. Results will always be the deciding factor in his future.

Its getting clearer that Moshiri is meddling in transfer business. I have a theory that he appointed Benitez more to do his dirty work that for any footballing perspective but he’s a very wealthy man backing the club financially. Would the campaign be to oust Moshiri? With BMD development at a crucial stage that might be risky.

i think this will all have to play out.

I think the first decision is for all groups to get together and come up with a few points that we can all agree on and then we can discuss the best medium to deliver that to the club in mate.
Playing devils advocate here but just because he's an arrogant small minded chap that that salivates unspeakable footballing ideas, doesn’t mean he’s a bad person. What we’ve got to do is get him round a table, and put together a solution package — perhaps over tea and biscuits.

Last edited:

Call me extreme if you like, but I propose we hit Benitez hard and hit him fast with a major – and I mean major – leaflet campaign.

give-quiche-a-chance.jpg

…..campaigns need to have an objective, not certain what one would be in this situation.

Talking generally, the majority of fans don’t like Benitez from a coaching, personality and background perspective. Results will always be the deciding factor in his future.

Its getting clearer that Moshiri is meddling in transfer business. I have a theory that he appointed Benitez more to do his dirty work that for any footballing perspective but he’s a very wealthy man backing the club financially. Would the campaign be to oust Moshiri? With BMD development at a crucial stage that might be risky.

i think this will all have to play out.

Personally, I think you are right. My view is that in the summer, our board and Moshiri knew tough times were to come and by appointing someone like Benitez, they knew they had a manager that could distract attention from them for a year or so until the new stadium is very close and we can limp over the line.

Perhaps I am giving them too much credit there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.