20,000 sign petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not being funny but in the grand scheme of things we’ll be getting naff all off this sponsor anyway, the same way we were with SportPesa and Cazoo. Why is the OP making out Stake.com are the answer to our financial problems?

I’m not being funny but in the grand scheme of things we’ll be getting naff all off this sponsor anyway, the same way we were with SportPesa and Cazoo. Why is the OP making out Stake.com are the answer to our financial problems?
No way are they an answer to our financial problems but it was the best deal on the table and the biggest one to date. Who’s to say there was any other options out there? Whatever the deals worth it’s only a fraction of what we’ve spent and probably less than 10% of our FFP deficit. Alcohol, fuel prices tobacco are all much more serious issues than a betting sponsor on our shirt but they generate a substantial amount of money for the government so they will remain as they are. My point was more the situation the clubs in at the moment a petition over a shirt sponsor is the least of our worries the petition should be towards the government in how these betting companies operate not the club for landing a record deal. They can’t do right for doing wrong.

I seem to recall similar arguments around choice about smoking.

Smoking bans have led to health improvements.

Bloody Nanny state, how dare they. Yeah, ban betting full stop, save folk (and their families) from the various negative effects. People can't be trusted. Down with choice. Alcohol and sex next please.

*dons monk cowl*

No way are they an answer to our financial problems but it was the best deal on the table and the biggest one to date. Who’s to say there was any other options out there? Whatever the deals worth it’s only a fraction of what we’ve spent and probably less than 10% of our FFP deficit. Alcohol, fuel prices tobacco are all much more serious issues than a betting sponsor on our shirt but they generate a substantial amount of money for the government so they will remain as they are. My point was more the situation the clubs in at the moment a petition over a shirt sponsor is the least of our worries the petition should be towards the government in how these betting companies operate not the club for landing a record deal. They can’t do right for doing wrong.
We’re a PL club, there will be offers on the table.

Why are you getting so worked up at fellow fans? Firstly, people can do what they like. Secondly, they’re doing it for a good cause, there’s plenty of other things people do that you can get upset about.

We’re a PL club, there will be offers on the table.

Why are you getting so worked up at fellow fans? Firstly, people can do what they like. Secondly, they’re doing it for a good cause, there’s plenty of other things people do that you can get upset about.
I'm not upset about it mate and I will say it again they're barking up the wrong tree with Everton would be for a good cause if they was petitioning to the government and id sign it if they was. Do any of the 20,000 hold season tickets or go the game id likely say yes, are they going to stop going the game if we remain with the sponsor? Majority probably would still go so what's the point of signing a petition if you don't feel that strong about it? Lets say we drop it and then sign a deal with Magners or similar do we then petition to have that removed too?

Don’t do it then it’s a choice and I agree it’s bad but I’d say it’s not as bad as a beer sponsor.
Doubt a sponsored football shirt will seduce anyone in to gambling. Think the general idea is to woo gamblers away from where they gamble habitually.

Tobacco - no
alcohol - probably not
gambling - ???
So who or what would be an acceptable sponsor?
Or
Is there no such thing, anybody with that much to waste can't have been up to any good.

Sounds like a good advert of Paddy Power.

What you don't spend the second driver insurance money for the wife on a our acca?

What are you some kind of loser ?

Weh haaaaay the lads #banter #PP

Losers was meant as in had lost to the bookies. It was tongue in cheek if anyone who’s signed the petition then goes and has a bet which I’m sure a lot of them do it’s kind of hypocritical and if they feel so strongly about gambling sponsorships on our shirt then surely if they looked into the strategies these companies use to entice the user they know their target audience and push deals and adverts towards their target audience then surely they should be petitioning to the government not Everton to drop a shirt sponsor cause even if that happened it’s having zero impact on stake they will just move on the the next and then who’s our next sponsor we aren’t in a position to be turning record deals down unfortunately.
So you don’t know anything about them , yet you’re calling them hypocritical, you seem to be making random judgements on people who don’t share your view. . Many people have been “ petitioning. “ the government in many different ways, hence it is likely that some time in the future this type of advertising will no longer be allowed. Many people who watch football smoke and drink but would be dead against this type of sponsorship on an Everton football shirt, by your standards then they’re hypocrites too.
The bottom line is you and I have different views , ive no problem with that . But stop being so judgemental on people who don’t share your views , they don’t all have to be hypocrites and losers., just accept they have different views.

Status
Not open for further replies.