2014 Everton Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went mad that we'd bought McCarthy esp for £13m
After the 3rd game of the season i fumed that this pass pass crap is nice, but not going to get us anything
I am Spartacus

Before this season:

I was optimistic about Martinez, but realistically I thought we'd be 10th (and I'd have been happy with that). I thought Moyes would ride United to 3rd place, behind Mourinho and Pellegrini.

I didn't know who James McCarthy was, and didn't understand why he was worth £13M.

I didn't think Jags, Distin, and Howard were up to it. I thought we'd be lucky to net 38 goals. If you told me the goal totals would be 57 and 34, I'd have them swapped.

I didn't know what sexy togger looked like.

1. I was upset and thought we were screwed when Moyes left because he got a lot out of our players

2. Thought we were screwed when Felani left

3. Didn't know if Martinez could get it done because he'd just gotten relegated

4. I too had no idea why McCarthy was worth 13M mostly because I didn't really know who he was

5. Had no expectations for Barry

6. Really thought Jelavic was a key piece gone

7. Leon Osman is the man

8. Shamus is one of my surprise players

9. Love our new style of play, esp. Sunday vs. United...game in hand and we're still going pedal to the floor

10. Was kind of glad Anichabe (sp) is gone...something about him frustrated me to no end. I'll admit that I was happy and worried in the same breath with that...

Confessions from a Yank, haha

1. I was upset and thought we were screwed when Moyes left because he got a lot out of our players

2. Thought we were screwed when Felani left

3. Didn't know if Martinez could get it done because he'd just gotten relegated

4. I too had no idea why McCarthy was worth 13M mostly because I didn't really know who he was

5. Had no expectations for Barry

6. Really thought Jelavic was a key piece gone

7. Leon Osman is the man

8. Shamus is one of my surprise players

9. Love our new style of play, esp. Sunday vs. United...game in hand and we're still going pedal to the floor

10. Was kind of glad Anichabe (sp) is gone...something about him frustrated me to no end. I'll admit that I was happy and worried in the same breath with that...

Confessions from a Yank, haha
Weren't on your own with them fears mate, as for No 10 we should have worn a mask when we sold Vic, what was it, £6m ? Unbelievable .

I've got another: I truly believe Oviedo loves Everton, whereas I believe 99% of the others are just collecting a wage, and playing the game.

Never in a million years would I have believed our current position going into the last three games in what was supposed to be a transitional year, and what's more we're doing it with STYLE!

Talk about hitting the ground running :)

I've got another: I truly believe Oviedo loves Everton, whereas I believe 99% of the others are just collecting a wage, and playing the game.

Oviedo, forgot him. Before the season I was concerned he could play at this level.

Also, I think a few more than him are in love. All the FBs seem to have genuine, deep affection for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back