2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
The toilets thing is hilarious.

They were booking people into their rooms via the owner's bedroom as the reception areas weren't ready either.

This whole event is the sketchiest thing to happen to sport since Don King burst onto the scene

If the officials in charge had any balls whatsoever, the whole thing would have been abandoned over the "gay propoganda" law. The whole thing is now hilarious as you can see everyone afraid of wearing so much as two colours at the same time in case it's interpreted as a rainbow and they're arrested.

The BBC presenters had a wide-eyed fear about them. The massive pink elephant in the room can't be ignored.

First of all, Russia's laws on sexuality are a farce. Now that's been said, Team GB is there and the 2012 Summer games was immense on here.

Hoping for the same now, even just a small taster of that feeling of that time.

Really hope athletes make a stand, wonder if we could see something similar to black power salutes? Someone holding up gay pride flag on podium or similar?

The President of Finland is creeping me out.

nfRsdYe.gif

Anyone else thing Clare Balding is being a bit hypocritical by presenting these games? She refused to present the Open in Scotland on radio as the golf club was men only. Yet, as an openly gay woman she is still fronting the games on BBC. Her arguments for not presenting the golf and for presenting the Sochi games don't seem to add up.

Not being gay myself I can't really judge and happy to accept her decision if there is good reasoning behind it but it does seem a bit off to me.

Anyone else thing Clare Balding is being a bit hypocritical by presenting these games? She refused to present the Open in Scotland on radio as the golf club was men only. Yet, as an openly gay woman she is still fronting the games on BBC. Her arguments for not presenting the golf and for presenting the Sochi games don't seem to add up.

Not being gay myself I can't really judge and happy to accept her decision if there is good reasoning behind it but it does seem a bit off to me.

Clare Balding is a nasty, nasty woman. Her comment about that jockey's teeth after he'd just achieved the crowning glory of his professional career in winning the Grand National ended any time whatsoever I had for her, the horrible mutant.

Well I have this lame crap back on for the 2nd time tonight. Why at the start I have obama talking about nukes and gays on the opening night.. for once... just one time here in the states can I watch a game or sport on tv without politcs being thrown in my face... sorry for the rant...
Shaun white is a total douche for not wearing his hat like the rest of the squad... break a leg ginger.

Well I have this lame crap back on for the 2nd time tonight. Why at the start I have obama talking about nukes and gays on the opening night.. for once... just one time here in the states can I watch a game or sport on tv without politcs being thrown in my face... sorry for the rant...
Shaun white is a total douche for not wearing his hat like the rest of the squad... break a leg ginger.

I think it's unavoidable to be fair. It's not the American media pushing it in your face - it's the gangs going round beating the hell out of gays in Russia.

I think it's unavoidable to be fair. It's not the American media pushing it in your face - it's the gangs going round beating the hell out of gays in Russia.

Exactly. It's a complete joke that more Olympic federations haven't taken a stand against the Russians. If they had implemented a race related law that banned people from being themselves then there would have been a massive walk out. Being homosexual is no different and the only way people are going to change is by the people in power taking a stand. The fact that the next two World Cups are in countries with completely intolerant laws is a farce. Unfortunately not a surprise at all though.

EDIT: By next two World Cups I mean Russia and Qatar, not Brazil.

Exactly. It's a complete joke that more Olympic federations haven't taken a stand against the Russians. If they had implemented a race related law that banned people from being themselves then there would have been a massive walk out. Being homosexual is no different and the only way people are going to change is by the people in power taking a stand. The fact that the next two World Cups are in countries with completely intolerant laws is a farce. Unfortunately not a surprise at all though.

Exactly this. When I heard about that gay law in Russia, I honestly assumed there'd be a mass boycott.

I guess money talks though eh? Olympic committee utterly spineless. There's no way these games should be taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back