2023/2024 Fixtures

My call

First day: Wolves H
First derby: Goodison on 16 Sept - fourth year and counting because it's a huge fix....
Boxing day: Sheff Utd H
New year: Aston Villa A
Second derby: Anfield on 2 March
Last day: Fulham A

Last edited:
Liverpool have asked for first game of season to be away from anfield

so I think we will be home first game arsenal
We need the final game of the season at Goodison somehow if its the very last one , a great send off to the season honoring all the old players just as we qualify for the champions league or finish 14th what ever comes first

I'd like the last game at Goodison to be either West Ham or Luton. It'll bring back good memories.

I'll go with:
First Home - Man U
Boxing Day - Notts Forest
Last Home - Luton

Last edited:
Don’t forget the Goodison derby is a Saturday 12:30 kick off and the Anfield one is a midweek night game.
In 2020 just weeks before COVID screwed everything, the second derby was to be at Goodison on a monday evening. Not sure why the almighty powers have reverted to type last three years in a row.

Then again, I guess I should be grateful there is even this derby fixture nonsense to tangle with yet again. Though it's nothing new either.

1989-1994: Goodison derby first 5/6 times (exception was 1991)
2003-2013: 11 seasons running... about a one in 2,000 chance of that happening apparently.

A long moan about the ninth time (in 2011) formed the basis of my first ever post actually.

If there was any logical explanation for this I'd be all ears, but I just can't see it.

In 2020 just weeks before COVID screwed everything, the second derby was to be at Goodison on a monday evening. Not sure why the almighty powers have reverted to type last three years in a row.

Then again, I guess I should be grateful there is even this derby fixture nonsense to tangle with yet again. Though it's nothing new either.

2003-2013: 11 seasons running... about a one in 2,000 chance of that happening apparently.

A long moan about the ninth time (in 2011) formed the basis of my first ever post actually.

If there was any logical explanation for this I'd be all ears, but I just can't see it.
Someone said we ask for it which makes no sense to me.

Apparently it was something to do with the method the clubs used for the allocation of away tickets, we use the current season’s credits, the RS use the previous season. So our fans needed the time to build up their credits. Could be an old wives tale :confused:.