2023/2024 Fixtures

In 2020 just weeks before COVID screwed everything, the second derby was to be at Goodison on a monday evening. Not sure why the almighty powers have reverted to type last three years in a row.

Then again, I guess I should be grateful there is even this derby fixture nonsense to tangle with yet again. Though it's nothing new either.

1989-1994: Goodison derby first 5/6 times (exception was 1991)
2003-2013: 11 seasons running... about a one in 2,000 chance of that happening apparently.

A long moan about the ninth time (in 2011) formed the basis of my first ever post actually.

If there was any logical explanation for this I'd be all ears, but I just can't see it.
I thought about this for a long time and I do think it plays a huge part in why our record is so poor in derbies. When we were challenging the for European places, we always got them away 2nd. Not random in my opinion, I'll be furious if we get them at home first, typical 12:30 game, so they don't have to play in a hostile atmosphere. It's beyond fixed, 2014/2015 we got 2 draws, 2017/2018 got 2 draws, 2018/2019 we stopped them winning the league. It's obvious RS favoured corruption.

Apparently it was something to do with the method the clubs used for the allocation of away tickets, we use the current season’s credits, the RS use the previous season. So our fans needed the time to build up their credits. Could be an old wives tale :confused:.

Someone said we ask for it which makes no sense to me.
Heard both before.

There was actually a question sent to PL HQ in 2013 about this, with speculation that it was to prevent massive gaps (say, nearly two years) between home derbies for either club, and they said there were no arrangements at all and that it was 100% random like every other fixture.

And then 2014 broke the streak. Funny that.

85 was QPR when we won the league (ie; mathematically uncatchable) and 87 was Norwich. In 87 we were presented with the trophy at the Luton hame. I can't remember the 85 one

9am tomorrow, but the league doesn't send them to teams until like 8

So anything before that is very likely wham

Every year someone goes to the trouble of mocking up the whole fixture list and its always awrong so don't believe anything till at least 8am tomorrow people ;)