2023/2024 Kits Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just seen the 3rd kit, it's what was expected wasn't it? Silver like 83/84. I think it looks nice. Just ditch that 'tower' logo on the actual shirt. Mid-80's
badge would be nice.

You’re half right - it’s currently a secondary logo for us.

The plan is for it not to be.
I can actually see this becoming the basis of our logo. Its just popping up all over the shop.
Stick efc and the 2 wreath thingies on it and that could easily be our new shirt logo going forward.

Agree its a
Exactly mate,

If they decided to go down the tower route at least use the one ( or similar ) from the current badge I.E some detail instead of a solid block.

Genuinely think a lot of other club fans outside of Merseyside unless they’ve seen us play in it wouldn’t have a clue what club it is.
Cheap and looks like a snide. Saving money in design, it's not Prince Ruperts Tower.

Not Everton FCs badge.

Just hate the badge.

Liverpool, United, Chelsea get it right.

Meanwhile, stick a blue block on the kit with no detail. Otherwise it’s a spot on kit.
I think if they had put the EFC logo where the badge is and the tower on the back then this shirt would have been near perfect.

They genuinely are mate.
That logo will never replace the badge, it's not intended to. It's designed to complement it in other media.

Having it on the third kit is just a way to legitimise it and highlight it as a bonafide Everton logo in the eyes of fans. It'll be gone again in the next couple of seasons, I reckon.

I'll take any bet you like that it'll never replace the main badge on the home shirt.

That logo will never replace the badge, it's not intended to. It's designed to complement it in other media.

Having it on the third kit is just a way to legitimise it and highlight it as a bonafide Everton logo in the eyes of fans. It'll be gone again in the next couple of seasons, I reckon.

I'll take any bet you like that it'll never replace the main badge on the home shirt.
Surely you know how this version of Everton works and how they simply do not engage with the suppprters? Remember the beehive crest on the Nike kits?

I’m not saying that this tower thing will replace the current badge, mostly because of arlarses like me who would kick up a stink if and when they ever tried to do it.

I’m saying the plan they have is to replace the current badge with this logo, and by saturating the fans with the image on everything and sticking it on a kit makes it more acceptable for the masses and it gets done subconsciously, not like the beehive design where it came out of nowhere.

I hope there are more like me/us who would kick off again if they try to roll this logo across everything, but trust me, that’s what the club intends to do.

Surely you know how this version of Everton works and how they simply do not engage with the suppprters? Remember the beehive crest on the Nike kits?

Yes, a mistake they won't repeat.

I’m not saying that this tower thing will replace the current badge, mostly because of arlarses like me who would kick up a stink if and when they ever tried to do it.

Exactly!

I’m saying the plan they have is to replace the current badge with this logo, and by saturating the fans with the image on everything and sticking it on a kit makes it more acceptable for the masses and it gets done subconsciously, not like the beehive design where it came out of nowhere.

I'm confused by what you're saying, then... replace it how if they aren't going to replace the crest on the home shirt with it?

I hope there are more like me/us who would kick off again if they try to roll this logo across everything, but trust me, that’s what the club intends to do.

I say again that I think you're wrong.

This tower is the current iteration of an Everton logo, albeit not typography-driven, but it's essentially the new version of these:

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 15.07.41.png

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 15.08.11.png

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 15.08.50.png

Because this current one is iconographic, someone has had the bright idea of putting it on a third shirt as something new and different.

But that's it. It won't replace the crest on anything beyond the third shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.