2023/2024 Kits Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. This may excite you

Early to mid 80s saw some of my favourite kits before they started trying too hard. Been nothing that great in my eyes until the first hummel offering.

That said they could come up with the best ever but I'd never buy it while it has a gambling sponsor on it. I hope we've found something better.

Southampton with a separate, less gamblingy sponsor on the junior kits instead of selling something that looks like a blank training top. Probably an extra couple of million in the coffers too. Big brain play from the relegated commercial department.

Personally not bothered in the slightest what it looks like or who the manufacturer is. I've seen us play in great-looking kits, as well as butt ugly ones. I've also seen us partner with Umbro, Le Coq Sportif and Hummel. The thing is, regardless of the kit design, sponsor or manufacturer, we've been absolutely pathetic for 99% of my time as a fan. So it doesn't really matter. I won't be buying it.

I hope not but I would not be surprised, a number of these kit manufacturers are copy and paste, it’s lazy and they get away with it.

It’s not a big deal of course, particularly when there are a lot of far bigger issues going on. I would just like to see us have some smart kits that don’t look/feel cheap for a change.

I agree, but it's nothing new.

82/83 Man City have exactly the same kit in sky blue. 83-85 Chelsea have the same kit. Tottenham too in 83. 85/86 Chelsea again same kit without the bib. 86/87 Notts Forest and Man City same kit. 89/90 Oldham exactly the same kit. Pre 82 many kits seemed to be identi-kit. I remember having the Hafnia one with white collar and umbro down the length of the arms. Though my first kit was 83/84 silver away.

Last edited:

Southampton with a separate, less gamblingy sponsor on the junior kits instead of selling something that looks like a blank training top. Probably an extra couple of million in the coffers too. Big brain play from the relegated commercial department.
We have the youth teams sponsored by Baretta or something like that. Dont know why they didnt include that as a junior sponsor for general sale..

IMG_1741.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back