2024/25 Relegation Thread

We are gone. Not even worth putting money on it, the odds are not worth making any money. Complete rudderless club. The new stadium will be hosting its first game in the championship, which will also mean no takeover and more financial ruin for this club. We are in massive trouble

In a parallel universe, Moshiri sold us to a consortium of local business men and the uber rich owner of Dell, we invested in the squad and would be on 4 points now and this thread wouldn’t have made it last page 1.

Instead all the positivity from staying up last year and 777 losing exclusivity has been destroyed by an owner with unrealistic money demands who seems only interested in the club going under. Feels like we just need to somehow cling onto be close enough by January to hope we’ve got a new owner and we can invest in the team to save us.

IMG-20240824-WA0006.jpg

Close thread

Of all the seasons not to be relegated this is the one…imagine 😄
The club deserves it. It's been a slow-motion avalanche for over 30 years. Many of the fans went into denial years ago thinking that seal-clapping Kenwright on the jumbotron wouldn't lead to catastrophe. Season tickets still get bought in their droves with a massive waiting list. We hound manager after manager out (often with very good reason), but we remain stoic and patient with the ownership who appointed these failures in the first place. We keep buying their merchandise and season tickets and wonder why they couldn't care less how long it takes to sell us up - and out.

The games we lost at the beginning of last season were competitive and we should have won a lot of them.
This season we are being humped.

We could play Tottenham away 50 times and I'm pretty sure we'd lose 49 of them.

I know it's early days but we are dreadful with problems all over the place.

I'm just surprised people appear to be surprised.

We're a slow-motion car crash. The car hasn't been repaired over the summer. I was expecting perhaps a better result last weekend, but all in all I'm not particularly enraged by what happened today.

We're a shambles of a club with a one-dimensional fire-fighter in charge who is probably feeling a bit burned out from it all himself at this point.

Meanwhile, somewhere on a yacht off the coast of Monte Carlo...

I think the impermanence of 75% of the playing squad will absolutely be taking it’s toll. It’s such a catastrophic situation that the club has allowed itself to get in.

All of these players (for varying reasons) expect to leave the club in the next 12 months.

Virginia, Coleman, Patterson, Young, Branthwaite, Keane, Holgate, Gueye, Doucoure, Lindstrom, Harrison, Calvert-Lewin, Maupay, Beto

How can you produce your best stuff consistently when you’re not invested in the outcome? Half of these will be avoiding injury for their next employer.

Dread to think what that dressing room is like.

Thing is we have been playing bad pre season as well, Sligo Salford Coventry we got well beat by these giants and some fans said oooooo there's a lot of wet sheets around, fans need to wake up and smell the coffee this team is shockingly bad, that can't score and won't score

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back