Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Relegation Thread

Spot on analysis. I dont think we’re in real danger compared to the last few seasons.

Wolves, Saints, Ipswich are the three weakest teams. Palace, Leicester, Everton and West Ham are in the next crop.

Personally, I’d like to see West Ham go. Any team that gets rid of Moyes after winning the first trophy since Moses was in nursery has delusions of grandeur and needs to go

Would take a monumental mess up to relegate that West Ham team. Kudus Paqueta Bowen Summerville Fullkrug Aguerd Killman Zouma Wan Bissaka

If you take that lot down you really have messed up.

Be interesting to see which Chairman twitches first and wields the axe, and when. Could be a few with their eyes on Moyes - hopefully not us.
Reckon Martin at Southampton will go first.... that playing out from the back with technically inadequate players at this level is a disaster waiting to happen. Hope Wolves keep O’Neill....they’re just having zero luck at the moment.

It’s not looking good for palace

you would think they are surely not going to let eze leave in January now

Tbf they were actually quite good at holding onto players who were being constantly linked to moves away every window like Zaha

Could see them getting Zaha back in January. Moved to Lyon but he's only played once and seems to have missed training and been fined for it so could terminate that loan and he gets a sentimental return for a third spell at Palace.

Spot on analysis. I dont think we’re in real danger compared to the last few seasons.

Wolves, Saints, Ipswich are the three weakest teams. Palace, Leicester, Everton and West Ham are in the next crop.

Personally, I’d like to see West Ham go. Any team that gets rid of Moyes after winning the first trophy since Moses was in nursery has delusions of grandeur and needs to go
Wolves won't be long jumping out of the relegation zone. Had terrible fixtures and now go on a run of good ones

O’Neill and Glasner were well liked last season. Things can quickly change. It’s very difficult for most managers over the longer term outside the monied teams in the league. Even those that start we’ll struggle to maintain and improve form.

Only have to look at this club, Martinez had a superb first season and Koeman and Silva also produced solid first years with promise of better ahead but that fizzled out very quickly.

If you're just content to get 40-45 points it really dosen't take much to get dragged into a relegation battle if you sell a key player and the replacements aren't up to standard or you get endless injury issues.

If you look at Wolves they sold Neto and Kilman and the replacements simply aren't of the same level. Palace obviously let go of Olise and Andersen and again look far weaker so suddenly those 2-1 wins from last season turn into 1-2 defeats and you quickly drop down into the bottom 3.

Be interesting to see which Chairman twitches first and wields the axe, and when. Could be a few with their eyes on Moyes - hopefully not us.
Reckon Martin at Southampton will go first.... that playing out from the back with technically inadequate players at this level is a disaster waiting to happen. Hope Wolves keep O’Neill....they’re just having zero luck at the moment.
Think Wolves are in a tight financial position like us where they don’t really want to be paying out compensation packages for sacking managers

O’Neill and Glasner were well liked last season. Things can quickly change. It’s very difficult for most managers over the longer term outside the monied teams in the league. Even those that start we’ll struggle to maintain and improve form.
O'Neill I think is a good coach who has been let down by his bosses and had chronic bad-luck. If Wolves hold their nerve I think he'll drag them out of trouble.

Glasner, I don't think he's rubbish but people overhyped him massively. Another manager who seemingly prefers to lose rather than change tac. To him think Bayern were desperate to poach him away.

Moyes is probably is hoping for us but that I think the ship has sailed with that one. Maybe Rangers next? Clement is under big pressure right now.

As it stands I don't think we will go down, but we need some more wins on the board before any talk of being comfortable. Get 2 or 3 more wins in this current run of more winnable games then I'll be confident we can start to look up and not down.

O'Neill I think is a good coach who has been let down by his bosses and had chronic bad-luck. If Wolves hold their nerve I think he'll drag them out of trouble.

Glasner, I don't think he's rubbish but people overhyped him massively. Another manager who seemingly prefers to lose rather than change tac. To him think Bayern were desperate to poach him away.

Moyes is probably is hoping for us but that I think the ship has sailed with that one. Maybe Rangers next? Clement is under big pressure right now.
Doubt he would go to Rangers having played for Celtic. Probably not worth the hassle for him even if rangers entertained the notion of approaching him

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back