27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone speaking very well on the Twitter Space.

Things I think are important to add to the discussion:
1: fans may not all be in agreement towards the method or even intent of protest. The important thing will be to recognise we’re all Evertonians who want the best for the club and are trying to bring about the best for the club. Whatever form that takes we should all be respectful to each other and not let infighting distract from bringing about improvement. Whether that’s protesting or not protesting we should all be united that we all have the club’s interests at heart.

2: should the planned protest not bring about the stated aims, some thought needs to be given to what next steps are. Obviously we’re limited in what we can directly affect, but in terms of sustaining the message we need to be prepared for the fact that a one-off event may not be enough to bring about what we’re asking for (i.e. engagement and communication from the majority shareholder)
Fully take your point here mate. Unfortunately I think it’s a risk we’ve been essentially forced to take and is a relatively small risk in the big picture of the future of the club. Sadly we don’t get the luxury of protesting when times are easy, and we have to take action BECAUSE things are so precarious at present. Completely respect your position though

It would be great after the walkout after people return to their seats - if in the 78th minute everyone could wave a white hanky like they do in Spain to oust the Spanish manager so even more could participate in the protest live on TV. 2 peaceful protests in 1 game live on TV and in front of Moshiri.

The only protest he will listen to is probably people not showing up at all, making the club lose a lot of money every game. Sadly, that would also impact us in more ways than just making it clear we want and need changes.

The only protest he will listen to is probably people not showing up at all, making the club lose a lot of money every game. Sadly, that would also impact us in more ways than just making it clear we want and need changes.

We have 32,000 season ticket holders.

The ground holds 39,000, so even if people didn’t show up, if you take out 2,900 away fans, it would be at maximum a loss of revenue for 4,100 tickets.

That’s a max of £200,000 (based on £50!m a Ticket), that’s pocket money to a fella like Moshiri.

This, even if 1000 walk out in a 39k turn up you wont really notice it, but i suspect it will be less, an empty seat on the start whistle is the way to go as that stat is recorded.
However, Monday, full support for the players is far more important, not walking out on them

This, even if 1000 walk out in a 39k turn up you wont really notice it, but i suspect it will be less, an empty seat on the start whistle is the way to go as that stat is recorded.
However, Monday, full support for the players is far more important, not walking out on them
The players need to turn up. They are a joke and owe us a performance

Status
Not open for further replies.