#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. We’re obsessing over a Tory playground, a game and players not relatable to most of us in any way. We’re being exploited as cash cows for a corporate greed grab.

Which begs the question, why we so arsed? If that’s the game and it makes you feel this way wouldn’t it be better, as fully grown adults, to just invest our time, emotions and money into something that serves us better?

Have a think lads.
This is far too an important a point to be lost in the middle of a growing thread, it needs its own thread and a poll might be usful too

Exactly this. We’re obsessing over a Tory playground, a game and players not relatable to most of us in any way. We’re being exploited as cash cows for a corporate greed grab.

Which begs the question, why we so arsed? If that’s the game and it makes you feel this way wouldn’t it be better, as fully grown adults, to just invest our time, emotions and money into something that serves us better?

Have a think lads.
So, what you're saying is "the Everton board are Tories"?

Have a think lads.
All solid points Chico. But I think, for some, it holds so much sentimentality that is not easily explained. A bit like a religion for some. Everyone willingly or unwillingly follows a programme in their life. The reason football is so profitable is because of this. When the Saudis bought Newcastle, they essentially bought an army of people who will defend them because of the good times they will bring them, through investment. It is a really sad state of affairs that Capitalism has infiltrated football so much in that it is able to profit off of the faith and connection that supporters hold to it.

Shame, does kinda feel like you’re on a hiding to nothing by trying to be the face of one of these groups, but still would have liked to have seen this go ahead.

At this stage they could possibly be better off disbanding. Reading the amount of feedback they get, there is a majority who highly question their integrity to say the least. Let’s not forget the odd arse clown giving personal abuse too. Why would anyone put up with that?

It’s a shame as it’s got potential to be a positive thing but I’m one of them who have a feeling it’s not going to work, too much suspicion of integrity and purpose hanging over it.

I doubt we will ever find out in detail what got said and by whom at these past two meetings either.

All solid points Chico. But I think, for some, it holds so much sentimentality that is not easily explained. A bit like a religion for some. Everyone willingly or unwillingly follows a programme in their life. The reason football is so profitable is because of this. When the Saudis bought Newcastle, they essentially bought an army of people who will defend them because of the good times they will bring them, through investment. It is a really sad state of affairs that Capitalism has infiltrated football so much in that it is able to profit off of the faith and connection that supporters hold to it.
I agree mate and it’s because of these really good staunch blues that Evertonians in key positions make me angry. How could they do it to the sound ones who identify all they have in Everton.

Donkeys led by donkeys.
Perfectly put.
At this stage they could possibly be better off disbanding. Reading the amount of feedback they get, there is a majority who highly question their integrity to say the least. Let’s not forget the odd arse clown giving personal abuse too. Why would anyone put up with that?

It’s a shame as it’s got potential to be a positive thing but I’m one of them who have a feeling it’s not going to work, too much suspicion of integrity and purpose hanging over it.

I doubt we will ever find out in detail what got said and by whom at these past two meetings either.
The problem any group has is a large majority of our fans have a jaded "Heard it all before" attitude.

This is bred from years of Kenwright lies, and anything club connected has his grubby, desperate fingerprints all over it.

Nothing will begin to heal at Everton until that trust is earned once again. They talk of a unified fan base? They're the problem. That board whose sole aim is to protect The Queen. (Kenwright)

Perfectly put.

The problem any group has is a large majority of our fans have a jaded "Heard it all before" attitude.

This is bred from years of Kenwright lies, and anything club connected has his grubby, desperate fingerprints all over it.

Nothing will begin to heal at Everton until that trust is earned once again. They talk of a unified fan base? They're the problem. That board whose sole aim is to protect The Queen. (Kenwright)

Of course, it’s how I feel. That is has to be him, it must be him, he has to stay and the attitude by some is wanting better than that is somewhat preposterous. That gets tiring, considering what the end result is time and again.

I strongly question the motives and integrity of these people.

Of course, it’s how I feel. That is has to be him, it must be him, he has to stay and the attitude by some is wanting better than that is somewhat preposterous. That gets tiring, considering what the end result is time and again.

I strongly question the motives and integrity of these people.
I think most who ran for the FAB had best intentions.

Once in the inside I guess it becomes clear it's basically trying to push water uphill. The club have them on an extremely tight leash.

They're happy to have dialogue with the fans, but christ, they're controlling the dialogue.

Same as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back