4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley signing is definitely significant, id just prefer they had announced it like any other contract, coleman's didn't get hyped up this much!

Definitely! Massive hype over signing contracts or players looks a bit small time imo, and I don't like saying that.
If it's a signing or contract, just do a press release ffs.

I want us to not be making a fuss over someone like Barkley or Lukaku committing to us.
If we really want to compete with "the big boys" this sort of signing should be seen as the normal, not the extraordinary.

Perception is huge in football. Imagine we had the chance to sign another class player straight after Lukaku....Elstone or whoever turns up and says "Sorry I'm late, been busy pulling off the deal of the century. I can hardly believe it. We had the ticker tape out at Goodison and everything" Hardly screams confidence, does it.

Not even going to bother watching the press conference now, making a press conference about a player signing a contract extension is so small time.

The only way to justify this would be Stones, Macarthy and of course Barkley in a treble contract signing hatrick, otherwise this is just a PR gaff, which comes just days after Martinez clearly realised/saw the youtube Vid and the released a interview to say that was not the case

[Poor language removed] off everton making a big deal over a contract extension Kenwright sure knows how to pull the wool over the peoples eyes

Site found for the stadium would mean naff all, we had the best site possible on the docks and they messed that up, even Liverpool who have much more money than us have took an age to put a spade in the ground

Why do people keep saying martinez wouldn't announce a new stadium how do we know Kenwright won't be at the conference? As far as I was aware it says "everton to make significant announcement " not "roberto martinez to make significant announcement"

Says on the OS "Watch Martinez speaking to the media at 4pm."

http://www.evertonfc.com/home/

We are Everton though, so it could be almost anything from anyone.
Bobby's probably resigning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back