4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club has become unrecognisable both on and off the pitch since the day that man walked through the door.

It is quite some transformation. His positivity has resonated through the club.

Some people may disagree but in my opinion if Moyes was still here Barkley would've been sold this summer.

I will respectfully disagree with you...see Atletico

That's fair enough but your only competing with 2 clubs in Spain, here your up against about 4 and that's not including liverpool and spurs both more than capable of taking points off you on the day, the Spanish 2 aside Atletico are the strongest Spanish side by some distance we wouldn't be considering you take Chelsea and city out the equation you still have Utd, Arsenal liverpool and spurs

A good percentage of the forum have been happy to remain patient and trust the manager during this window. Quite how Ross signing a new contract caused such a mini-meltdown, I'm not sure I'll ever know.
I think the fume is because people were hoping the press conference was called to announce a major signing (Lukaku?) Build your hopes up for no reason, then blame someone else and fume when those hopes are dashed.

I'm pretty sure on reflection, everyone will agree that Barkley signing a new contract is a great thing for us.

That's fair enough but your only competing with 2 clubs in Spain, here your up against about 4 and that's not including liverpool and spurs both more than capable of taking points off you on the day, the Spanish 2 aside Atletico are the strongest Spanish side by some distance we wouldn't be considering you take Chelsea and city out the equation you still have Utd, Arsenal liverpool and spurs

Not saying it's easy like...but signing Ross only shows me that the club has intentions of winning things...this signing is MASSIVE in my eyes.

right, then since his current contract was expected to end in 2016, two year extension. Not disappointed with him signing in the slightest, just wish it was 5 years since we wont have to go over this all again in two years.

yeah, but i think the reality is, he will be getting a new contract within 3 years anyway so it could be a possible reason. maybe he didn't want to commit to 5. will just enjoy the ride myself.

Its not an extension, an extension is a continuation of his current deal. He has signed a new improved contract which will put him alongside some of our top earners and be heavily favoured in terms of any merchandising.

I think the fume is because people were hoping the press conference was called to announce a major signing (Lukaku?) Build your hopes up for no reason, then blame someone else and fume when those hopes are dashed.

I'm pretty sure on reflection, everyone will agree that Barkley signing a new contract is a great thing for us.

Yeah, but when was the last time a manager walked into a presser with a player and said 'alright guys, nobody knows this yet, but we've signed this guy for 20 million, he's signed a 5 year contract.'?

Pretty sure it's never happened. EVER.

Some people should really have known better, especially those out of their teenage years.

Yeah, but when was the last time a manager walked into a presser with a player and said 'alright guys, nobody knows this yet, but we've signed this guy for 20 million, he's signed a 5 year contract.'?

Pretty sure it's never happened. EVER.

Some people should really have known better, especially those out of their teenage years.
Oh, I'm sure there were some secretly thinking we were going to unveil Ronaldo or Messi lol

But yes, it is quite disturbing to read back at how many managed to convince themselves it was called to announce Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back