4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not ever call him that again mate, yeah? :p

haha as much as I dislike gerrard the guy has been loyal to the RS, people bang on about death threats etc. but im pretty sure many other footballers have had that sort of thing/gerrard himself still has had trouble with underworld figures.

Barkley is 100 times the human being though and gerrard is still a cock but If he can look at the icon status gerrard has to the average fan compared to that of rooney I hope it convinces him that no matter how good he is goodison is the place to be

A good percentage of the forum have been happy to remain patient and trust the manager during this window. Quite how Ross signing a new contract caused such a mini-meltdown, I'm not sure I'll ever know.
It was "Small-time" or "Embarrassing". Any reason to have a bitch and a moan I suppose.

haha as much as I dislike gerrard the guy has been loyal to the RS, people bang on about death threats etc. but im pretty sure many other footballers have had that sort of thing/gerrard himself still has had trouble with underworld figures.

Barkley is 100 times the human being though and gerrard is still a cock but If he can look at the icon status gerrard has to the average fan compared to that of rooney I hope it convinces him that no matter how good he is goodison is the place to be

No, no, no mate. We don't want him to take inspiration from that rabble. We want him to be an Everton great, and take his inspiration from great evertonians, such as Labone, Cahill, Hickson, Ball and Ferguson etc.

Wait what? Is this the same Gerrard that wouldn't resign a new contract in 2005 and was on his way to Chelsea, even publicly announcing he didn't want to play for Liverpool anymore?

Let's not rewrite history here.

No, no, no mate. We don't want him to take inspiration from that rabble. We want him to be an Everton great, and take his inspiration from great evertonians, such as Labone, Cahill, Hickson, Ball and Ferguson etc.

In an ideal world but the lads only 20, it's hard for him as most of the younger generation too get inspiration from players they never seen play, the fact he mentions Rooney in more than 1 of his interviews shows Wayne was a hero for him like most other blues before the judas done one.

Like me for example the likes of ball inspired me growing up but as much as I love and respect dixie dean the likes of hickson and ball have made more of an impact on me personally if you get what I mean.

Wait what? Is this the same Gerrard that wouldn't resign a new contract in 2005 and was on his way to Chelsea, even publicly announcing he didn't want to play for Liverpool anymore?

Let's not rewrite history here.

Didn't go though did he, come on mate if you seriously believe a player will never have an inkling to look at other offers especially when they are offered massive wages/chance to play at the highest level and win trophies your living in a soppy fairytale. I love Ross but at some stage in his Everton career he will assess his options if say city or a title challenging club make an official bid, but of course it's what happens next after that which will define if he was to become a goodison legend or another Rooney

Didn't go though did he, come on mate if you seriously believe a player will never have an inkling to look at other offers especially when they are offered massive wages/chance to play at the highest level and win trophies your living in a soppy fairytale. I love Ross but at some stage in his Everton career he will assess his options if say city or a title challenging club make an official bid, but of course it's what happens next that defines if he becomes a legend or another Rooney

He got offered a bigger payrise, that's the only reason he stayed. Loyal to money, and the money he owes gangsters.

Didn't go though did he, come on mate if you seriously believe a player will never have an inkling to look at other offers especially when they are offered massive wages/chance to play at the highest level and win trophies your living in a soppy fairytale. I love Ross but at some stage in his Everton career he will assess his options if say city or a title challenging club make an official bid, but of course it's what happens next after that which will define if he was to become a goodison legend or another Rooney

Also, soppy fairytale? Play at the highest level???

Lad, they'd just won the bloody Champions League lol

Hmm...so what you are saying is we can't challenge for the title?

He got offered a bigger payrise, that's the only reason he stayed. Loyal to money, and the money he owes gangsters.

He still could of earned more at Chelsea mate and won titles, if Ross ever said he wanted to leave then did a u turn and stayed here the rest of his career he would be a goodison legend in my eyes 100%, like him or not (and I certainly don't like him) he's probably been the most loyal of players in recent times in england in terms of his ability.

Just look at Rooney, Shaw, Cole, Lallana etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back