4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this lad:

“I realise the importance of signing because I remember how I felt when Wayne left. He was one of the best players in the team and we thought we could push on with him at Everton. When he left we were all down as Evertonians. I just wanted to sign and hopefully we can push Everton on together.”

“I’ve got a long way to go to be an Everton legend. Hopefully one day I am but I’m just concentrating on doing everything right in training and on the pitch.”

He's going to do it, he's going to become a legend.
Excellent, really excellent.

I love this lad:

“I realise the importance of signing because I remember how I felt when Wayne left. He was one of the best players in the team and we thought we could push on with him at Everton. When he left we were all down as Evertonians. I just wanted to sign and hopefully we can push Everton on together.”

“I’ve got a long way to go to be an Everton legend. Hopefully one day I am but I’m just concentrating on doing everything right in training and on the pitch.”

You can't ask for more, you really can't.

Some truly poor responses in this thread IMO.

We've just tied down one of the world's best young footballing talents (I'd actually say THE best but perhaps biased) and you're finding ways to moan about it. After a great season. When we have a great squad and in the process of signing a £20m striker.

Get a grip eh?

Some are just miserable arl arses.

@davek in particular.

He loathes Liverpool football club.

My enemies enemy is my friend

I love this lad:

Well, if he means that, he's here for a long while yet. So refreshing to hear.

I hope this lad turns out to be as good as everyone hopes. I have to say, I'm not completely convinced by him yet.

lol

He's 20 odd years old and he is already an evertonian god of the battlefield, full england international and you aren't convinced by him??

It's only right he references Rooney - he is not what might have been, but what should have been. Incredible that we have produced two players of that standard in a single decade. Most clubs never produce a single one.

Won't apologize for my opinion, only when I bungle its delivery to the detriment of civility. With time, I'll learn to use casual homosexuality, a lack of pineapple on pizza, and cat gifs to perfect a silky smooth delivery.

MULTI ALERT

Won't apologize for my opinion, only when I bungle its delivery to the detriment of civility. With time, I'll learn to use casual homosexuality, a lack of pineapple on pizza, and cat gifs to perfect a silky smooth delivery.

MULTI ALERT

I wasted five minutes of my life over on RAWK where I learned that Sterling and, yeah, Suso (or Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre to give him his Sunday/RAWK name) is better than him - or so they tell each other..

But at least the odd non-mutant can see he's something special.. and are hoping he'll be off as soon as possible which is always a sign that another team's player is very very good..

Last edited:

be great if he scored a screamer at the kop and ran over with his finger to his lips making a shushing gesture then pulled up his shirt to reveal a t shirt saying " everton arnt i" . not like i have lied awake giving it any thought

The bellwhiffs have been out in force today, we all know kopites are gob-shites but after reading this thread it appears we have a fair few supporting us too.
Ross Barkley has the potential to be a huge star in world football, he has just announced he has signed a long term contract with his boy-hood club, this is good news. We should shout from the rooftops.

The bellwhiffs have been out in force today, we all know kopites are gob-shites but after reading this thread it appears we have a fair few supporting us too.
Ross Barkley has the potential to be a huge star in world football, he has just announced he has signed a long term contract with his boy-hood club, this is good news. We should shout from the rooftops.
too bloody right we should , but it makes us sound small time ? different when stevie g me la signs a new deal right ?

be great if he scored a screamer at the kop and ran over with his finger to his lips making a shushing gesture then pulled up his shirt to reveal a t shirt saying " everton arnt i" . not like i have lied awake giving it any thought
You paint such beautiful pictures

4 years but Besic - a year older - signs a 5 year contract...

Made up Ross has embrassed the usual London media types as Baines did but the reality is this is just about money and making the club and himself look good (true blue and all that), if Ross progresses as expected this season he'll be on his way this time next year unless we can match the 100k a week and Champions League football that the clubs wanting him can offer

Perhaps this will be the scenario, we can't predict that, but even if this happens to be the case, the club will be in a much much stronger position than before the extension. But for the new contract he would've had only a year left after this season, so the club would've had their hands pretty much tied to sell for a relatively modest price due to his running down contract. Now, if he changes his mind in a year's time, the club could demand a hefty sum for his playing right, so even if we lose him, we can make sure that we will be duly compensated. The new deal ensures that he will either stay here for a lengthy period or leave for a significant sum that would allow the club to make up for his loss. This gives us considerable leeway for an extremely valuable asset of our squad, which should be considered a great success as well as a message to the top clubs that we are not a selling club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back