5 Everton Players in Ireland Squad for 3rd and 7th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get some shirts in Ireland now Everton FFS!

This. I can't remember the last Everton jersey I bought in Ireland and it's just not the same ordering them online.

Would it be biased to say that we've got Ireland's 4 best players?!

Coleman and McCarthy are different class, leaps ahead of the rest of our squad. McGeady has been too inconsistent and Gibson too troubled by injuries (aswell as that falling out with Trap) to claim to be among our finest. I hope McGeady pushes on with Everton though, and becomes the player we were all hoping him to be when he first burst on to the scene.

I couldn't see that happening until press favourite Wes Hoolahan signs with us

Seriously, the Irish media love that player and I really don't know why

Objectively though, Coleman and McCarthy are probably the two best overall players in the squad
Hoolahans boss for Ireland.

Hoolahans boss for Ireland.

Is he though?

Really?

I just find it hard to believe. Not knocking the lad, but I just can't see how he'd be so high in the pecking order for what is a pretty decent international side

Our four lads alone are to a good standard, but then you take into account players like Forde, Long etc and it's a side that very few teams would consider an easy game. I just don't see how young Wes is a standout in a group of very decent players

I couldn't see that happening until press favourite Wes Hoolahan signs with us

Seriously, the Irish media love that player and I really don't know why

Objectively though, Coleman and McCarthy are probably the two best overall players in the squad
Robbie Keane is probably still the most important player - usually the only player whoever score (although McGeady does shoot a lot, A LOT).

Finding an Everton shirt in an outlet in Ireland is a challenging contest. I've bought all mine online, lived in Ireland for 18 years.

Before Kitbag, Arnotts in Dublin would have the new jersey within 24 hours of its launch by EFC.

Lifestyle, Elverys, Champion sports used to all have plenty of the RBJ on the rails.

Kitbag has been a major setback to promoting the image of Everton amongst Irish kids.

Is he though?

Really?

I just find it hard to believe. Not knocking the lad, but I just can't see how he'd be so high in the pecking order for what is a pretty decent international side

Our four lads alone are to a good standard, but then you take into account players like Forde, Long etc and it's a side that very few teams would consider an easy game. I just don't see how young Wes is a standout in a group of very decent players

Hoolahan is popular because Trappatoni used to play Hoofball,with John O'Shea and Richard Dunne hitting 70 yard passes up field to the strikers,while Keith Andrews,Glenn Whelan and Paul Green occupied the Mid-field places instead of good technical players like McCarthy,Gibson,Hoolahan and Hendrick,and to a lesser extent the likes of David Meyler. So everyone is happy when Hoolahan gets a game as he is very good at linking up the play between the mid-field and strikers. Most Irish fans would have all four Everton boys in the starting 11 and Shane Duffy won't be far off a starting place if he can get a few apperances with Everton or if he gets a loan move to a lower premier league/higher championship team.

If they injure Gibson I'll go over there and start swinging.

Its alright, the Oman match isn't being played at Dalymount ! :)

Seriously, with their lack of game time, I don't see Darren or Shay featuring in Tblisi. Maybe some playing time in the friendly. The other three should be in strong contention for Tblisi and then hopefully will be rested for Oman.

If they injure Gibson I'll go over there and start swinging.
Gibson won't start for Ireland unless he proves his fitness with Everton first so I'm guessing he wont make it into the final 23man squad due to this as we should be beating Oman and Georgia without him.

36 players, bit disappointed didn't get a call up myself, O'Neill should be trying to get settled on a squad not fannying about with ridiculous oversized ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.