5 Everton Players in Ireland Squad for 3rd and 7th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a crying shame that There is no shops selling Everton jerseys in ireland, besides the 5
irish lads at Everton, their is great history in the club with irish players. first England Ireland game was played at the old lady shame on kitbag or what everits call:rant:

I couldn't see that happening until press favourite Wes Hoolahan signs with us

Seriously, the Irish media love that player and I really don't know why

Objectively though, Coleman and McCarthy are probably the two best overall players in the squad
Yip I'd agree with that, not McGeady and Gibson ATM or should I say yet :)

Its some going alright. Well done to the boys!

But as usual the Irish media probably won't even comment or mention the fact that we are supplying 5 players to the squad and that has nothing to do with the availability of kits, etc. We're too busy being told that Lucas had a grapefruit for breakfast or that Stevie G saw a cat out of his window this morning, in a song and dance centre spread!

if only ireland were only good

Thats our tourist board's new slogan sorted!

(Very Alan Partridge like, "I think people are saying yes, there's more to Ireland than this. A good slogan for the tourist board [does the bad Irish accent again] 'Deres more to Oireland dan dis'")

Seamus Coleman, Shay Duffy, James McCarthy, Darron Gibson, Aiden McGeady all named in the provisional 36 man squad for European Championship Group D match v Georgia in Tblisi on 3rd, and friendly v Oman in Dublin on 7th.

The squad will be pared back before the 31st August.

It gives me a great feeling to see this, and there are NO RS, Mancs, Citeh, Chelski, Arsenal or Spuds players in the 36.

Great time to be an Irish Evertonian !! ;)

My arl fella started watching the blues because of the Irish contingent including Farrell ect and even had a season ticket whilst living in Dublin ,Everton were the biggest team in Ireland in those days.He had four sons all blues he wouldn't have a red in the house , this is a real chance for Everton to become the peoples team in Ireland surely somebody at the club should recognise that.

Martin O Neill was interviewed earlier and I doubt that DG will feature for the reason I said - lack of game time.

However James Mc, Seamus and Aiden very likely I think.

What I really hope is that Shane gets a run but it is unlikely to be in the EC match maybe the Oman friendly.

I coach hurling to a bunch of 7-10 year olds in the local GAA club.
They all know I support Everton cause I wear the shirt.
The kids all laugh at me - one even mentioned that no shops sell the shirts. What have everton ever won?
Seriously, wtf?
This entire thread is what I've been saying for over a year.
Get shirts into shops. Over 40% of Irish people have no access to broadband to buy shirts or stream matches.
Get the boys onto Irish TV and radio eg Late late show, news talk,
Get them doing promo work in Ireland with a toffee angle.
SELL THE RUDDY shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.