Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, a billion miles from being nailed on.

But you have watched as much football as me. Momentum. 3 sides have it this year. Chelsea, Spurs, and us.

You just never know.
Last two games we have momentum back, but the previous two we picked up 1 from 6. Tough games, but nevertheless. If we have another tow like that we can kiss goodbye to 6th.

I wouldn't rule out us finishing above both United and Arsenal.

United play Chelsea tomorrow....I fancy the Cockneys.

They have to visit the Etihaad....I wouldn't fancy them winning there.

And they have to visit Arsenal....they will take points off each other in that one.

Arsenal have to play Spurs yet as well.

And quite frankly, I will be very disappointed if we don't at least avoid defeat at the Emirates.

5th is proper on ;)

Arsenal look like they've given it up - Wenger's clearly lost the dressing room, no fight in any of them. They crack when they're under pressure like they are now too. We can defo win at their place, it's not exactly a fortress.

Monday's game will tell us everything. If they go up there and win well then they're still in the hunt for a better position than they're in right now, regardless whether a CL spot is available.

Last two games we have momentum back, but the previous two we picked up 1 from 6. Tough games, but nevertheless. If we have another tow like that we can kiss goodbye to 6th.

True. But the whole of 2017 looks more than decent.

Like I say, well you do too, unlikely, but not out of the question totally.

Am I the only one who does not mind finishing 7th. I like watching Everton and that means more games for me to watch

No....count me in there.

I am already contemplating a little away jaunt if we get somewhere reasonably accessible in the first preliminary round :)

Still rather finish higher than 7th obviously..but if we don't I am not that bothered as competitive football in July is OK by me ;)

Shows it's a "what could have been" season with some of the stupid points we've dropped.
That's a fairly negative way of looking at the season imo. For me this season was all about transition. I really didn't expect for things to come together as well as they have since Jan. It took a while for the players to get to grips with how Koeman wanted them to play and what he expected from them but you can see it's working now. This season was all about starting again after two awful years and boy are we doing that in style.

In what sense do Arsenal have a worse run in?

They have a game more against a team above them than us and that's the north London derby which usually goes their way. Similarly United have three tough ones to our two tough ones.

They'll have a worse run, I didn't say anything about who they're facing.

Think he is saying that they will get less points in their remaining games than us, cos they are playing like milk. Irrespective of what the run in actually is.
Oh, ok.

I certainly wouldn't write them off from a top five finish, or United for that matter.

If Everton can squeeze between them then that will be one place better than I envisaged this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back