Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously sitting in 5th right now is the peak moment of the season. Can we hold on to this or will it slip slightly?

United and Arsenal have three games in hand - regardless of their runs ins being worse than ours (not sure I'd say it's that more difficult, tbh). But I think most people will say 6th is possible but edging toward probably now. I'm not sure, I think it's still a probable 7th place finish.

I can see us getting 10 out of the last 15 points available. That'll set a decent total for Arsenal and United, but an achievable one. Any more than that and 6th comes into play defo; any less will defo see us finish 7th...which isn't a moot point as an early season start is required for the EL qualifier, and that can seriously affect a clean break between seasons.

For ages I've thought seventh was the best we could finish, but Arsenal seem hell bent on cocking their season right up. I don't think it'll happen, but if we get into a position where we go to the Emirates knowing a win puts us above them, then stranger things have happened, though, sadly not with us at the Emirates.

For ages I've thought seventh was the best we could finish, but Arsenal seem hell bent on cocking their season right up. I don't think it'll happen, but if we get into a position where we go to the Emirates knowing a win puts us above them, then stranger things have happened, though, sadly not with us at the Emirates.
mate, if we get in that position this lot will refuse to get off the coach and play the game. Biggest bunch of bottlers in the club's history.

It could all depend on how the Wenger contract has panned out, or if indeed, it has by then.

He says hes going, then a fired up Arsenal side imo. If not, same dirge these last few weeks.

mate, if we get in that position this lot will refuse to get off the coach and play the game. Biggest bunch of bottlers in the club's history.

Given the way Arsenal have downed tools I think it'd be the battle of the bottlers and probably end 5-5.

Well, you know, what with nukes about to be fired soon...seems petty to be banging on about how rebbish that Dutch divvy is.

Oh. North Korea being divvies again?

Bet them bombs dont actually work anyrate.

Christ, this thread has, er, been varied.

Cannot disagree, having trudged away from Wembley gutted too many times for my liking.

Oh. North Korea being divvies again?

Bet them bombs dont actually work anyrate.

Christ, this thread has, er, been varied.
Those bombs are like Kones shots, they'll go everywhere but where they're intended.

Be afraid...be very afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back