5 great things about getting older

Status
Not open for further replies.
....these;

1) Blessed with grandkids. No better company than your nearest and dearest.

2) Retired, not having to work, not having the pressures of work.

3) As many holidays as you want, whenever you want.

4) Not in the least bit bothered that Dolly Parton is next to Creedence Clearwater Revival on your playlist.

5) What’s a mortgage?

Last edited:
After increasingly regular conversations about various parts of your body, you start to know your doctor on first name terms.

Yesterday we had a long conversation about cricket after describing the acute tearing pain I experience in the back of my hand after bowling a wicked googly to my missus in the back garden.

....these;

4) Not in the least bit bothered that Dolly Parton is next to Creedence Clearwater Revival on your playlist.

5) What’s a mortgage?

Pretty much this . . . . .except that having Dolly Parton on my playlist is one of the few things that would still embarrass me.
Got to maintain SOME standards FFS Eggs

....these;

5) What’s a mortgage?
I can imagine this is a good part about being old. But the ages of 40 up to whatever the retirement age is can koff as far as I’m concerned

I’m quite negative about the whole thing. I turned 40 recently and haven’t come to terms with it yet. I feel like a young man in an old mans body.

After increasingly regular conversations about various parts of your body, you start to know your doctor on first name terms.

Yesterday we had a long conversation about cricket after describing the acute tearing pain I experience in the back of my hand after bowling a wicked googly to my missus in the back garden.
Did you bowl your maiden over ........?

I can imagine this is a good part about being old. But the ages of 40 up to whatever the retirement age is can koff as far as I’m concerned

I’m quite negative about the whole thing. I turned 40 recently and haven’t come to terms with it yet. I feel like a young man in an old mans body.
Believe us arl ass's
40 is young .
Young enough to learn new skills, if you can.

...enjoy these years and don’t wish your life away, it’s amazing how quickly time flies the older you get.

Jeez Billy you don't know how lucky you are to be that age, lap it up and embrace it, enjoy it mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back