5 great things about getting older

Status
Not open for further replies.

About two hours ago I had a crackin comment to put in some alehouse thread or other, then I got to doing stuff.
Now - gone.

That ladies and gents, is getting old.

Edit; Ta Daa. Got it - now to put it in before I forget it again...that is also getting old
Can you find your way to the Alehouse mate?

I can imagine this is a good part about being old. But the ages of 40 up to whatever the retirement age is can koff as far as I’m concerned

I’m quite negative about the whole thing. I turned 40 recently and haven’t come to terms with it yet. I feel like a young man in an old mans body.
I went through a rough patch around the same age mate.

You do come to terms with it.

This

My complete lack of shîts given has impressed me tbh. Stuff I used to stress over barely registers now and I find myself just telling folk to either shut up or koff rather than listen to their BS.

It's great
Yes mate, it’s so liberating not giving a hoot. It makes you look back and think why was I even arsed about that /them

The first time I realised I had started the process of becoming ‘old’ was when I was 28.

We had a work experience girl who was 16. I was helping her with a mundane task she’d been assigned. Tried to make some small talk - she was going to a festival in a few weeks and her favourite band were playing.

“Ah cool, who are they?”

She just looks up at me and says “You wouldn’t know them”. She viewed me as old and uncool. How dare she.

I asked the bands name and to be fair to her she was right. Never heard of them.

The first time I realised I had started the process of becoming ‘old’ was when I was 28.

We had a work experience girl who was 16. I was helping her with a mundane task she’d been assigned. Tried to make some small talk - she was going to a festival in a few weeks and her favourite band were playing.

“Ah cool, who are they?”

She just looks up at me and says “You wouldn’t know them”. She viewed me as old and uncool. How dare she.

I asked the bands name and to be fair to her she was right. Never heard of them.

Then what happened mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back