5 great things about getting older

Status
Not open for further replies.

The first time I realised I had started the process of becoming ‘old’ was when I was 28.

We had a work experience girl who was 16. I was helping her with a mundane task she’d been assigned. Tried to make some small talk - she was going to a festival in a few weeks and her favourite band were playing.

“Ah cool, who are they?”

She just looks up at me and says “You wouldn’t know them”. She viewed me as old and uncool. How dare she.

I asked the bands name and to be fair to her she was right. Never heard of them.
Need more details here mate. Did you go to the toilets before hand to give yourself a pep talk in front of the mirror before spraying on some joop?

I checked the band out on YouTube and thought they were gash. This only confirmed that I am indeed, getting old.
I’m invested in this story now. Did you try to like this band and start nodding your head when they started playing? Did you tell her that you’d once seen the prodigy live and it was mental? Did you come into work the next day with a Peaky blinders hat on?

I’m invested in this story now. Did you try to like this band and start nodding your head when they started playing? Did you tell her that you’d once seen the prodigy live and it was mental? Did you come into work the next day with a Peaky blinders hat on?
He bought tickets to the festival but put headphones on and listened to commercial radio all day.

Didn’t like the band at all - terrible

A lot of my mates have seen prodigy live but I’m not actually a fan. Always preferred garage and d’n’b nights (when I was young).

Didn’t watch Peaky Blinders until some time after I’d met her. Although even I know that wearing one of those hats doesn’t make you cool, it makes you a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back