5 Penalty Takers

Remember Baines rescuing us in cup ties with last minute worldies only to miss in the resultant shootout a couple of times. Chelsea away and Leicester at home. Richarlison missed in a shootout but think he scored everyone he took in games.

In no particular order

Baines.
Michael Ball.
Unsworth.
Sheedy.
Steven.

Would like to have found a place for Peter Beardsley. He always found the net for us from the spot although I do remember him blazing one way over the bar into the Gwladys Street when he was playing for Newcastle.

There is only one name goes atthe top of that list.

Big Bob 👍
Remember big Bob needed to score v chelsea..cool calm and collected..... 30k

Oddly enough, Big Bob was never our first choice penalty taker.

I can’t remember who took them in those days…pretty sure Trevor Ross did at one stage, I seem to recall him scoring an equalising penno at Forest at New Year the season Clough won the title for them…but Bob only ever took a few.

There is only one name goes atthe top of that list.

Big Bob 👍

Oddly enough, Big Bob was never our first choice penalty taker.

I can’t remember who took them in those days…pretty sure Trevor Ross did at one stage, I seem to recall him scoring an equalising penno at Forest at New Year the season Clough won the title for them…but Bob only ever took a few.
Dobson took some

I remember him taking 2 both smashed into the top corner of the net, now I've seen the list they're the only 2 he took,I thought there were more.
His penno vs Leeds in the FA Cup semi vs Leeds at OT was rolled quite gently in the bottom corner to the keeper’s left! What a moment ! Ball was not playing that day so JM took it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.