6 + 2 Point Deductions

….the only additional point I’d make in @DuncansPigeons letter is, the people who got us in this mess. the Chairman & entire Board are no longer with the club and the Owner is selling up. They are not being punished for their mismanagement because they’ve all gone. The only ones who continually suffer is the fans.

The most important point as we had zero say in any of what they did

Maybe breach of contract? He was employed by us to do a job. But was suspended by the FA for an investigation, therefore couldnt carry out his job. Do players have morality clauses?
You have to sign a code of conduct working for a lemonade stall nowadays so I'm assuming yes.

He was being investigated for something. What it was we don't know. FA will have guidelines
Oh I know. And I agree with them based on what it may or may not have been.

But in terms of suing, they are the ones who made the decision which cost us money. And then the PL haven’t accepted it as mitigation.

But it should have. And as player X is back playing, ultimately it all comes down the the FA decisions.

Maybe breach of contract? He was employed by us to do a job. But was suspended by the FA for an investigation, therefore couldnt carry out his job. Do players have morality clauses?
Would imagine there'll be a couple of areas the club have pursued

The obvious one bringing the club's name into disrepute by his actions.

The other, being unavailable to carry out his contractual responsibility as a result of his actions and associations.

I've decided to stop worrying about this and just "enjoy" the games.

We can't do anything about the tribunal or whatever, but we can show the team our support on match day. That's what I intend on doing
You’re not wrong, although the last time I enjoyed a game was probably 4 years ago…The PL appear to be eating themselves which is at least amusing! The Sky Transfer show is hilarious also, basically they are talking about nothing!

You’re not wrong, although the last time I enjoyed a game was probably 4 years ago…The PL appear to be eating themselves which is at least amusing! The Sky Transfer show is hilarious also, basically they are talking about nothing!
Good isn’t it. All the usual in the knows talking about vague rumours that will never happen and trying to make it sound interesting

An investigation that was unable to substantiate any allegations of wrongdoing.

The FA have safeguarding responsibilities that allow them to take action following allegations, so I have no problem with the actions undertaken by the FA in banning the player. And I don’t really agree that Everton or Player X could sue the FA due to the implementation of perfectly lawful safeguarding procedures.

However, nobody should be scared to highlight the fact that the allegations were unsubstantiated, or that the unsubstantiated allegations cost Everton tens of millions of pounds. We should be allowed to refer to these facts, and they should be considered genuine mitigating circumstances when you consider the impact that it had on our accounts.

Good article that helps understand the issue.

Does anyone know if the clubs listed below actually proceeded with their compensation claims within the window allowed?

• As stated earlier, the Commission has the power to require Everton to pay compensation. In a hearing in March 2023, the Commission refused an application by a number of clubs (led by Leeds United but also including Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leicester City and Burnley, all of whom – except for Nottingham Forest – were relegated during the Relevant Period) to be joined as parties to the hearing, but the Commission acknowledged those clubs had potential claims for compensation and stated that those clubs would have a period of 28 days from the Commission’s decision to make an application for compensation – that time period is now ticking and those clubs now have until mid-December to decide whether to pursue claims for compensation. It seems that Nottingham Forest may likely have little interest (or indeed unlikely have any losses to claim) as they retained their place in the Premier League, but the remaining clubs will almost certainly seek compensation on the basis that had the sanction been applied last season then they would have retained their place in the Premier League (together with the riches that come with that). The net effect of any successful compensation claims would be that Everton would be required to pay significant amounts of money to other clubs, amounts which at the very least may bring an end to the possible takeover of the club, but at worst could push the club into financial turmoil.
Delayed pending appeal. All those clubs have expressed an interest in a negotiated settlement (IE Avoid the courts if possible).

Well actually you can be charged with the same offence twice ( if found not guilty or the charge is withdrawn ).

You cannot however be CONVICTED of the same charge twice.
Its not a criminal offence, there was no conviction, its a breach of league agreements. Its isn't a law court and the law has nothing to do with league guidelines.

Best case scenario, we get 10 points back plus all of Liverpool's points for when they got us banned from Europe, We get an apology from UEFA foe fixing the draw in 2005 to keep us out and we are granted CL qualification regardless of finishing position for 25 years, the PL admits to changing P&S mid stadium build rules because they want Everton out simply because they don't like us and we are awarded an additional 45 points at the start of every season, Sam Allerdice takes over Liverpool and VVD comes out and says that the Pickford tackle was a great tackle.
It's at times like these I'd take Kim Jong Un as our PM as long as he was a blue.