6 + 2 Point Deductions

There seem to be a lot of Blues from Cumbria. I remember meeting a load of them from Carlisle in the Winslow when I was over for a match in the 80s, and they were passionate Evertonians. They told me there were loads of Blues inCumbria.
It's not just Cumbria either. If you go throughout the UK even down south there's nearly always at least 1 Evertonian in every workplace

It’s leading though isn’t it, if the PL had suggested a 6 point deduction, would the commission have given us 10.

“Independent’ though.
Yeah this is is exactly it and I’d guess what we’ll have been hammering, if the PL sanctions policy / formula was done improperly and shouldn’t have been submitted then no matter whether they didn’t formally follow it the influence it’s had is obvious. And if it shouldn’t have been submitted in the first place, the whole sanction is surely invalid.

Its peak knife to a gunfight Everton isn’t it mate.

While I have a lot of anger toward the PL, the thing that annoys me and I’ve said it a few times - is how arrogant we were around this process, expecting a finger wagging, my take is we never really took it seriously beyond the minimum.

You can see that in the second charge, we absolutkey thought we’d get away with the first and so the second would be irrelevent.
When you say “ We “ I trust you mean the guardians of our club, we, the fans, knew nothing or very little of how the club were presenting our/ their case to the Commission until the sentence was issued.
Now we have to hope that the barrister who represented the club at the appeal has put a much more professional argument up that will get us all of our points back or enough to get us a few places up the premier league.

There seem to be a lot of Blues from Cumbria. I remember meeting a load of them from Carlisle in the Winslow when I was over for a match in the 80s, and they were passionate Evertonians. They told me there were loads of Blues inCumbria.
Took me some time to forgive Carlisle in the mid seventies somehow blamed them solely
For us losing the league title

Its peak knife to a gunfight Everton isn’t it mate.

While I have a lot of anger toward the PL, the thing that annoys me and I’ve said it a few times - is how arrogant we were around this process, expecting a finger wagging, my take is we never really took it seriously beyond the minimum.

You can see that in the second charge, we absolutkey thought we’d get away with the first and so the second would be irrelevent.

I agree, I think the club and those close to them thought they'd be OK;

1707300626748.png

Look running on the assumption that it was a genuine allocation or interpretation issue this is a great point.

We didn't find out our interpretation on addbacks was knocked back until after lodging the second set of books.

I think the biggest issue is that we should have ensured the addbacks were kosher with the league. I work in tax here in Australia and generally if we think there is a chance that a particular treatment is open to interpretation and a significant feature of the tax assessment, we would apply to the Australian Tax Office for what they call a private ruling.

Genuinely i believe that the mitigating factors we presented were in good faith and I do think the application of these rules have been tested for the first time and there is scope to assess the inefficiencies of the rules.

This would be true if it weren't for the fact that (I believe from various reports) the PL changed the rules on what was/wasn't allowed in terms of add-backs.

The whole process has been an absolute shambles. From both sides tbf, but the level of expectation should be much higher on the PL as a governing body.