6 + 2 Point Deductions

We admitted the breach but for 9.5m over. The league then checked our accounts and said it’s 19.5M over, Everton disagreed and therefore came up with the reasons why. Some of them where dumb and some of them where completely true, such as the Russian war, Sigurdsson and Richarlison sale.
Mate this is the simplest way anyone has put it on here.

Thank you for breaking it down for someone who hasn't constantly got Judge Judy on their telly.

* Bows *

Our rumoured wage bill this season is £78.9m, which is less than 50% of our usual annual turnover.

Losing Dele and Gomes at the end of the season saves us over £10m over the course of next season, plus there will be more out of the door, that will take us to wage bills more akin to Palace, Fulham and Brighton.

I think that will be a good start to turning the club around if we can keep revenue about the £180m-£200m per season, any new owner will have many more streams we could explore, Everton have always been commercially poor.

View attachment 246105

No chance that is true.

We were at 90% in 21/22 season. Not a chance has it fallen to less than 50% in that time.

And I know we have let players leave etc, but our wages dropping from over £160m to less than £80m in the space of a season and a half?
Most of our big earners have left on a free or been sold, and we haven't bought anybody of significance (and hence a big wage earner) since then?

We've all seen how sneaky the Prem and Sky have been a thought the whole process.

Since day 1 it's been about controlling the narrative and keeping the heat of the league,which kinda brings me round to the thinking this will be put to bed next Tuesday,after our game.

Whatever the outcome they will want to minimise it.

That's my two pence worth.

* Bows *

But you are. Most of your posts are saying exactly the same thing. It's a yawnfest.

We don't care about Luton or their mutant fans. We don't feel sorry for them. We are truly not bothered. We don't want to discuss them.

And please stop using the word 'aren't'. It makes me feel sick. What's wrong with writing 'I'm not'?
I aren't repeating myself anymore as some people arguing have the inability to read further back than whats quoted. And I aren't saying I care about Luton. I'm saying I understand if they are miffed or upset or bothered or aren't happy. I was only responding to comment myself. Arent wasting energy on it any more.

Edit: only just read your last sentence. Soz

We were at 90% in 21/22 season. Not a chance has it fallen to less than 50% in that time.

And I know we have let players leave etc, but our wages dropping from over £160m to less than £80m in the space of a season and a half?

The wage bill will be around 140m. Turnover will have dropped by a few million by the previous season. Probably be just over 80% of our turnover on wages.

Once you add in the loan payments we are probably spending in the region of 120% of our turnover on wages and repaying loan payments.

Yep, that was my take mate, we admitted we were in breach albeit unintentionally, but the figure was in dispute.

It’s partly why I think we won’t get all 10 points back.
It’s hard to say about the points because it depends what arguments the silk makes it’s like that mr loophole lawyer all the footballers use if he can demonstrate that there’s no legal basis for a points deduction then we could have admitted a 150 mil breach and still get the points back. I’m not saying we will get the points back just that I don’t think its a case of guessing how many they’re willing to give us back it’s about whether they can justify it with a legal case.