6 + 2 Point Deductions

Whilst obviously any points handed back would be great, if they are suspended, then we run the risk of them and an additional number of points being inflicted on us at season's end because of the second charge.

I am more interested in knowing if we appealed the amounts in dispute. If the commission for example accepted our overspend rather than the finding made by the commission you would hope that it means that we are compliant in respect of the second charge. Although given how idiotic the board has been that is not guaranteed. Much prefer that we know what we need to do now rather than it all being to no avail at the end of the season with a second points deduction.
We plead guilty to an overspend of £9.7m - unless I'm mistaken it's not about appealing the guilty verdict but purely the extent of the punishment. IMO a points deduction even for £19.5m breach is inappropriate. The PL should have put in place a tariff when setting the rules.

In which case, the club seriously need to consider legal action because it will undoubtedly lead to even more uncertainty vis-à-vis the second 'breach' in the summer..

Not necessarily.

And the Prem brief the people they select for the hearing on what they consider to be a fair punishment - massive disclaimer next to 2/3 same period for the second breach.

It’s not possible on the points specifically. That’s the end of the PL process.

Everton can 100% take it to judicial review or sue the PL via a number of courts
Sorry but there simply isn’t a route for a PL club to go once the go to law save there being an issue around the application of the PL process. City applied to the High Court claiming that the PL arbitration wasn’t independent and to put it mildly City had their backsides kicked.
All clubs that are members of the PL agree to settle any dispute through the process contained in the rule book and yes that does enable you to go go to law but I am pretty sure that a judicial review isn’t even a remote option

Whatever and wherever they decide to announce it they'll be influencing somebody's season.
Twerps every last one of them.
This is true to an extent, but the reality is its only us that's had our season affected.

It should be "innocent untill proven guilty", and the fact that the points were taken from us immediately, prior to any appeal and without any quantification explanation is an absolute discrace.

The whole mess of a situation is the premier leagues making.

Sorry but there simply isn’t a route for a PL club to go once the go to law save there being an issue around the application of the PL process. City applied to the High Court claiming that the PL arbitration wasn’t independent and to put it mildly City had their backsides kicked.
All clubs that are members of the PL agree to settle any dispute through the process contained in the rule book and yes that does enable you to go go to law but I am pretty sure that a judicial review isn’t even a remote option
No one agreed to any penalty though!

So you are saying they all agreed for the Premier League to do what they want?

You can actually but during the process you forfeit your games which thus then screws up the entire league as it becomes 19 teams, it would be a long lengthy process that I doubt we can afford but the "PL rule book" wouldn't last 5 mins under scrutiny of a proper court, a judge would rip it up and stick it in the bin.

This is true to an extent, but the reality is its only us that's had our season affected.

It should be "innocent untill proven guilty", and the fact that the points were taken from us immediately, prior to any appeal and without any quantification explanation is an absolute discrace.

The whole mess of a situation is the premier leagues making.

We did get found guilty though.

I’m in no way ITK but you don’t hire the best barrister in the land if you’re not thinking of going majorly legal with them. A big part of our appeal would have been him in the room, not so subtly pointing out what Everton may do next.

What really does my head in is why didn’t we hire the best barrister in the land in the first place?

Mosh basically went in there and did the whole “ a few good men” scene “ you can’t handle the truth” and blew any defence we had out of the water