6 + 2 Point Deductions

The rest of the Premier League now really dislike Everton as we broke the rules, rules that Everton voted for, and then turned it all into a big paranoid conspiracy.

Truth is, some of you have disgraced all of us.
Do you shout through people's letterbox..."do you lot have a telly licence,coz it says here you don't...I know ya in there,I can hear the telly"

Not at all.

Tonight is no gimme and we're 5 points behind Forest as it is. They have goalscorers in their squad and we don't - apart from Doucoure.

If we are both docked, say, a further 5 points we're basically joint bottom with Sheffield United and Burnley and up to 5 points from Forest who would be in 17th.

IMO if we end up with minus another 5 points we're done. Quite obviously really.
I’m hoping it’s nearly as amusing as joyless performative anger ridden NSNO slugs typing the same posts with slightly different wording day after day after day in here pal. Seems I’ve got some distance to go.
I think sometimes the topic dictates the mood of the replies.

They did... and you don't see any issue with this?

You don't think that a war costing us a £42M per year sponsor overnight as a mitigating factor in us being £19.5M over on a 3 year assessment period? 🤔

Enjoy your wind up mate. Your wasting my time.
If we can’t accept criticism of Everton’s wrongdoing then we’re in a cult and no better than the kopites or the Geordies lads.

If we can’t accept criticism of Everton’s wrongdoing then we’re in a cult and no better than the kopites or the Geordies lads.
I think virtually every supporter is aware of Everton being ran poorly in recent years.

I think the fact the fans protested against the board and ownership last season is clear evidence the fans were aware of the issues.

We were told at the time of the super league don't punish the fans. Our supporters actually tried to highlight the mismangement of the club, but are now being punished with a 10 point deduction despite this. We were given the most severe points deduction in PL history, despite clearly not being in support of our leadership.

I think virtually every supporter is aware of Everton being ran poorly in recent years.

I think the fact the fans protested against the board and ownership last season is clear evidence the fans were aware of the issues.

We were told at the time of the super league don't punish the fans. Our supporters actually tried to highlight the mismangement of the club, but are now being punished with a 10 point deduction despite this.
I can link countless posts urging Everton to sign loads of crap players and saying “why you arsed it’s not your money”. We happily sang “were f’ing rich away at Villa” when we got took over and demanded Mourinho.

We wanted someone rich to break the glass ceiling and invited a monster. Let us not try to paint Evertonians are innocent in all this lads. We’re better than that, we’re not a cult.

They did... and you don't see any issue with this?

You don't think that a war costing us a £42M per year sponsor overnight as a mitigating factor in us being £19.5M over on a 3 year assessment period? 🤔

Enjoy your wind up mate. Your wasting my time.

I'm not winding anyone up here.

What was the 3 year assessment we failed?

At the last set of accounts for which we got charged from the War has not affected our sponsorship numbers as of yet.

Moving forward it will affect us as when we see the next set of accounts the Sponsorship number will take a 12 million hit. It will only be the second charge that we can use the Ukraine war as a defence, not for the first charge.
Screenshot_20240101_165950_Drive.jpg

But the numbers submitted by Everton are due to a pot they sit in, nit as to whether they exist or not. Our financial position is exactly the same as reality, whether HMRC or the PL see it. Yours were, allegedly, or admittedly by your owner, falsified.

You've clearly read the report, so you will know that it states that Evertons was an unintentional breach. Chelsea and City by their very nature were intentional. That's immeasurably worse and should, in my opinion lead to immediate expulsion from the league. If I'm being honest, I'd also add a caveat that for each hear in which they falsified accounts, they have one season of being unable to return to the league.
The point I was making re Everton revolves around information submitted by Everton not the accounts but in terms of the P&S Submissions.
Many have taken the change from the PL not challenging ( initially) the interest on the commercial loans to eventually disallowing them was due to fact that the paperwork submitted was as the IC stated “ less than Frank” in other words it was only when the PL were given access to the paper trail did it become clear that the submitted information was not correct.
Chelsea haven’t even been charged yet, I suspect they will indeed from everything that has been in the public domain it does appear that there is a case to answer but time will tell if either the PL or indeed the FA have enough information to prove on the balance of probabilities
Irrespective Chelsea it seems to me haven’t falsified statutory accounts as you suggest they have failed to fund all football activity from Chelsea’s income or indeed show the full extent of expenditure in full.

I can link countless posts urging Everton to sign loads of crap players and saying “why you arsed it’s not your money”. We happily sang “were f’ing rich away at Villa” when we got took over and demanded Mourinho.

We wanted someone rich to break the glass ceiling and invited a monster. Let us not try to paint Evertonians are innocent in all this lads. We’re better than that, we’re not a cult.
I'm not sure what was sang at an away day at Villa in about 2014 has anything to do with how the club have been ran, and how we have ended up with a significant points deduction !

Of course you'll find posts like that. You'll equally find lots of posters showing concerns over our recruitment, as far back as the mad summer of spending under Koeman. Lots of the signings made that window were questioned on this forum.

Our recruitment was woeful over a number of seasons, especially in the first 3 or 4 years of Moshiri's time here. Lots of people tended to over-rate the success of our transfer windows at that time, but lots of people showed concerns as well. I've been concerned about our recruitment ever since we signed about 4 no 10s to replace Lukaku.

But equally fan opinion on potential or confirmed signings has no impact. The only time I could genuinely make an argument fan opinion impacted a potential piece of recruitment was when Lampard was hired, and that was mainly due to people's reaction to the mad decision by Pereira to do a live interview on sky sports news !!

I'm not winding anyone up here.

What was the 3 year assessment we failed?

At the last set of accounts for which we got charged from the War has not affected our sponsorship numbers as of yet.

Moving forward it will affect us as when we see the next set of accounts the Sponsorship number will take a 12 million hit. It will only be the second charge that we can use the Ukraine war as a defence, not for the first charge.
View attachment 246442

Conservatively mate. ;)