6 + 2 Point Deductions

Busy building the Wembley of the North now.

To be fair, he caused a stink at the right time. The decisions have been made now so can’t be affected. We just don’t know what they are.
He analysed the procedure in a more detailed manner than any journo or the serial selective quoters on here from the reasonable blues group. He has been a huge ally and perhaps that experience he showed in breaking down the flaws in the procedure is also telling him to keep quiet during the deliberation stage.

Fingers crossed anyway.

I can’t see how they get the second charge and appeal done in time this season
I still think we get the appeal done to tell us the 2nd charge os straight after. Leaving forest then to be told is easier to do us first because have most of the information. Thats how crazy the process looks to me
Everton got informed yesterday

full points
Hope right but honestly if thr club have got this then we should find out today right? No way woukd the news be kept quiet

What’s not factored into any of this is the change in sentiment and confidence levels across a number of months now whilst this has been waiting to be resolved.

It’s no doubt in my mind that Luton and all the teams at the bottom of the table got a new lease of life once our points got deducted. It went from them being almost certain to get relegated to having a chance of staying up.

We’ve also had to alter how we play, if we were safe in mid table we might have risked more in games we were level, we might have given more youth players a chance, the crowd wouldn’t be as on edge.

Its changed the dynamics of an entire part of the season and every game this drags on for longer it’s being effected.

This has been a complete and utter mess from the PL and they’ve brought the entire league into disrepute in my opinion.
Very true and like others have posted, sure Dyche can be criticised for his approach last night, the tactics, personnel etc but to a certain extent he didn't know whether to stick or twist with this overhanging. Had Everton started the game on 29 points then it's likely a completely different approach in my view. Likely play aggressive football on the front foot, players and fans aren't thinking we cannot afford to lose at all cost and confidence is high.

The team doesn't deserve a pass last night as the quality of football was horrific regardless but I can understand why and it's very annoying.

Very true and like others have posted, sure Dyche can be criticised for his approach last night, the tactics, personnel etc but to a certain extent he didn't know whether to stick or twist with this overhanging. Had Everton started the game on 29 points then it's likely a completely different approach in my view. Likely play aggressive football on the front foot, players and fans aren't thinking we cannot afford to lose at all cost and confidence is high.

The team doesn't deserve a pass last night as the quality of football was horrific regardless but I can understand why and it's very annoying.
Dyche has always played the same way regardless of league position. Same as Moyes. Same as Allardyce. Same as Pullis.

It's in their DNA , it's what they do.

Why? I’m saying if the club knew we had 10 points back as the poster claimed, why would we have played cautious terrified football with Young instead of Dobbin etc. Give Doucs more rest. That was a manager and team petrified of losing and staying 18th, not a team reeling in 11th

We wouldn;t have changed our team setup/tactics on the day of a game because of any information like this.

Why? I’m saying if the club knew we had 10 points back as the poster claimed, why would we have played cautious terrified football Young instead of Dobbin etc. That was a manager and team petrified of losing and staying 18th, not a team reeling in 11th

Dyche’s default is cautious football. He’s played that his entire career regardless of the position of his teams in the table. What on earth makes you think he’d start playing adventurous attacking football just because we were mid table in February? In fact I’d suggest he’s more likely to be attacking in a game he perceives as a must win due to being in the relegation zone. Stop trying to twist every piece of information you hear into the worst case scenario.

This is just a Twitter rumour I saw, so please don't take this as anything ITK, but I saw someone say that we argued that Gylfi was found innocent in his case and, therefore, wrongly suspended, which led to the loss of the transfer fee. I never considered that he was never found guilty, which is a good argument.

By the way, there is no smoke without fire, and Gylfi probably still was a dirty bugger.

Stay up this season.
(forced to) Sell Onana and get a pacey winger/forward.
Say your prayers we survive.
New increased income from BMD helps us slowly recover.
We steady the ship.
We get taken over by someone with actual money, because we are a cheap PL team.
Things improve slightly so we dont have to look over our shoulders.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back