6 + 2 Point Deductions

Been reading the comments from the BBC article. The gist is that most fans from other clubs think we got off lightly, but don’t have any understanding of our individual circumstances or what they’re talking about.
The average football fan is clueless to our plight or just hates us. Well sod them all I say!
The BBC Sport HYS section is a hive of international RS wannabes, 12yr old self-entitled City fans, mournful southern united fans and bitter and twisted Leeds and leicester fans.
Personally I would steer well clear for your own sanity.

Who knows. You might be right, and if it’s 8 we’re down.

Depends whether there’s any mitigation for first offence / much lower threshold than everyone else / only being in breach for 2 months
We where given 10 then 2 was taken off because it can’t be more then Administration so that means the max is 8, we then got points taken off for have less losses year on year and 1 for each, we would of possibly have more but we lied about a form

Pardon my quoting myself.
25 points, 12 games, beat those 4 means 37 points which is better than last season, with a 6 point deduction. Not only is that progress, but could be argued that Dyche has imposed a more structured and more successful style on us in the harshest possible circumstances.
Just to go nuts for a moment, Maupay out covering half of Beto in means not as big an outlay of non existent funds this summer, leeds look likely promoted so we could be in the market for a right footed right winger. Is it time for a little positivity? 3 points off of west ham this weekend would be nice, but 1 point isn't a disaster. Beat the four and survive.
Tbf Rita, you need to propose this hypothesis in graph form for kudos.

- surprised you only got 4 knocked off
- leaves you in a stronger position than before, because I think we’ll get at least the same deduction as you in the next round of charges. You just need to do as well as us to stay up, and we’ve got more difficult fixtures.
- my guess is we’ll be deducted 6. I think it will be difficult to stay above Luton with that.
- my main take on the whole situation is similar to most of our fans - it’s fair enough that we’re charged, but it’s outrageous that we’re charged before City
Do you think Notts Forest will push the Brennan Johnson angle?

I'm not sure why as to me it seems to be more of an aggravating factor rather than mitigating. We'd have probably been in a better position at the start of last season if we'd kept Richy for the first 3 games and then sold him for even more money on deadline day like Notts Forest did.

Holding your best player (and him subsequently playing a part in taking 3 points from a relegation rival in Sheff U) rather than selling him within the correct financial window seems like a clear sporting advantage to me so it's difficult to wrap my head around why Notts seem so adamant on pursuing that angle.

But they still have had the advantage of us dropping points because of this, when the seasons in the case they had nothing to do with.

Forest will likely be below Luton when they're deducted points in early April so need to concentrate on getting wins and finishing above them.

I'm actually pleased I got something right for once regarding this case! I always thought four points would be returned as getting up to -10 felt speculative at best and incompetent at worst and basically the independent commission pretty much called the premier league out for that.

Back up to 25 points with plenty of winnable home games left is not a terrible position to be in now so up to the team to get a mental boost from this and go out and win enough games in the final twelve to nullify anything from the second charge (although again I don't see how the premier league will risk doing anything given this was the big charge and it's been nearly reduced half on appeal).

Overall o.k.