6 + 2 Point Deductions

Would the whole thing be better served if there was a debt to income calculation just like when you apply for a loan? . they can soon figure out if you are financially sustainable. The worry would still be that the rich clubs stay on top and the poorer clubs always will be just that. Perhaps some other 'expert' can come up with a better FFP idea?

But they also want the best players who cost the most and earn the most, and nothing has happened to reduce the increase in these costs

In the real world , any financial threshold which isn't in some way linked to inflation, isn't going to be sustainable. None of us would be happy to still earn the same amount as ten years if its the same job.
The threshold is zero though. That’s the target.

It sort of is a kind of victory because it's a lot better than 10 points its important not to lose sight of the fact that we are actually guilty its not like we've been done for a crime we didn't commit we have very obviously breached the rules and have admitted as much. From reading the report it seems that we've been successful arguing the legal points but they're just not interested in hearing our excuses for it they're saying a breach is a breach and they don't care what caused it its still our problem. As long as they apply the same thing to everyone I don't really have a problem with that myself 10 seemed very unfair and like we were the only ones getting done but 6 and others getting the same treatment is a lot more acceptable if it happens.
If City and Chelsea got done this year then I'd agree that the process is fair BUT they won't because Masters and his Sly6 cronies say that 'it's different'. And, of course, some Blues buy into that narrative.

I just don’t see how they can give points deductions in April, with just a handful of games left in the season.

Think Gary O’Neil was saying today that where you are in the table affects if you are going for a draw or a win late on in games. To be thrown in the relegation mix when you’ve been playing to keep it arms length just isn’t right.
He’s spot on too. Say we’re 4 points clear of Luton and drawing the final game of the season going into the 80th minute. Knowing the outcome means the difference between leisurely playing it around and sticking Michael Keane up top and going all out for the win.

The fact that the next one (appeal outcome) could be completed after the end of the season is absolutely farcical. Nobody has a clue what’s really going on game to game. Imagine being relegated days after the final ball has been kicked.

The key information we are missing in order to see whether we have breached the rules a second time is the '23 accounts.

Using the '22 accounts I've tried to estimate the losses for this year. I estimate that turnover is £20m higher due to broadcasting income. I think player sales is £14m less. Other costs roughly the same. Interest costs roughly £2m more. That would mean roughly a loss of £40m compared to '22 when losses were £44m.

However remember the losses for '22 were reported as £13.5m after allowing for academy, women's league and community costs, roughly £30m.

Thus surely the figures for the 3 years to 2023 should be £53m + £13.5 + £10m which totals £76.5m and is below the threshold of £105m!

Now I realise I don't have access to the accounts and have had to make certain assumptions, but I would welcome your feedback.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to Grand Old Team.

No clue tbh mate it bores me to tears the finance stuff but I suspect interest payments on loans are massive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back