6 + 2 Point Deductions

There has to be a cutoff, arbitrary or not. PSR is a farce, but thems the rules.
And even if you allow wiggle room for unpredictable circumstances…. They sold Johnson two whole months later. 1/6th of the next financial year. If they’d sold him at the earliest possible opportunity then maybe but they sold him at the latest possible opportunity. It’s BS.

Compare the narrative here compared to the many pieces we had written about us around the time of our original deduction...

Is there a 'but' coming?
Yes. Two, in fact.

The first 'but' is that Forest believe they were only in breach for two months - between filing their accounts on June 30 last year and September 1 when they received the first instalment of their sale of Brennan Johnson to Tottenham.

The dates are significant because Forest - and at least one other Premier League club that we are aware of - believe that the dates for Premier League accounting should be aligned with the transfer window.

And the second 'but' is that Forest believe not only would they have been within FFP and the Premier League's sustainability rules had they sold Johnson in June, but selling Johnson in September was in the 'spirit' of those sustainability rules.

Those arguments seem extremely weak to me.
Yes, I don't see how the IC can accept that argument. It would throw the whole PSR into chaos as other clubs could try to claim that sales after the close of the PSR window but before the transfer window closes should be applied to the prior PSR accounting period. There is a cut off date for a reason. Plus, the argument did not work for us with Richarlison.

Surely not seeing as we've been given a 6 point penalty and the next breach already tasks a majority of the first breach into account - should be a quarter of the first amount / a third of it. Two points maximum. Obviously wouldn't put it past the Premier League to throw the book as us though.
I agree.
All I care about is Everton not being relegated for a points deduction. Perhaps if Forest only being given 4 points (whilst annoying) meant there's a far lower chance of Everton being given any further point deductions then I would take it. Still be 3 points above Luton with a game in hand with them facing Tottenham and Arsenal away in their next two games.

Yes, I don't see how the IC can accept that argument. It would throw the whole PSR into chaos as other clubs could try to claim that sales after the close of the PSR window but before the transfer window closes should be applied to the prior PSR accounting period. There is a cut off date for a reason. Plus, the argument did not work for us with Richarlison.
If the accept the Brennan Johnson defence I see no reason we couldn’t use the sale of Iwobi on deadline day in a similar way. It would be ludicrous but it would be consistent.

Haha alex crooks is a clown , saying nottingham forests deduction will likely be less because they were less confrontational than Everton, we completely complied and they went over by 60 million and actually gained a sporting advantage but nffc's penalty should be less because they're were more civil is absurd. The fact the Premier league is set to adopt new rules for next season just makes everything even more insane especially with other clubs being recently reported of breaking the rules