6 + 2 Point Deductions

I know people will come back and say they are completely independent of each other, but I really hope that there was something in Everton’s almost gleeful acceptance of the first charge (and complete silence since) that might have meant we dealt with both charges (e.g accept this point deduction gracefully now, stop bad mouthing us in public, let this be the end of it and we look the other way on the second charge)

Clutching at straws but it would explain a lot about how spineless Everton have been since the 6 points were announced.

I know people will come back and say they are completely independent of each other, but I really hope that there was something in Everton’s almost gleeful acceptance of the first charge (and complete silence since) that might have meant we dealt with both charges (e.g accept this point deduction gracefully now, stop bad mouthing us in public, let this be the end of it and we look the other way on the second charge)

Clutching at straws but it would explain a lot about how spineless Everton have been since the 6 points were announced.

Umm, we vociferously objected to the first charge, appealed it and got it reduced (not by enough, but still by almost half).

How does that constitute “almost gleeful acceptance”??

I thought and hoped the same. Only wrinkle is that the club and the world and even the PL didn’t know Forest were about to get an even lower penalty, without even appealing, for a bigger breach.

We won’t benefit from it, but that Forest punishment HAS to have embarrassed the PL. 2 different ICs coming up with 10 then 6 for a £19.5m breach, then another IC arriving at 4, pre appeal for a deliberate and much bigger breach. Easy to hate the PL given they tried to give us 12. But even they must have been stunned by that, and in a normal world they would have appealed the leniency of the charge.

Umm, we vociferously objected to the first charge, appealed it and got it reduced (not by enough, but still by almost half).

How does that constitute “almost gleeful acceptance”??

Of the appeal verdict sorry. We seemed absolutely made up with 6 points like it was vindication of our appeal process. I thought at the time it seemed almost too pleased with the outcome especially as there was a 2nd charge on the horizon.

Will people not watch Chelsea v Man Utd because our points deduction has been announced?
I’m not saying people won’t watch but the PL will not want people talking about Everton when one of the title contenders are playing, they need to be promoting/showing what a competitive league they have created, any noise around points deductions distracts from their showcase run in

Forest should be hit with an additional 2pts so they have 6pts total.

I believe administration is 9pts and were on 6pts.

It would make no logical sense (never does) for us to get another hit of 3pts+ in one season because that takes us to 9 which is administration.

I believe it will be either suspended or they will cheat us.
Their two points weren't for not appealing. If Everton don't get those same points off any deduction, they're worse at this than everyone already thought. Basically all Forest had to do was go to the commission hearing; they were still able to make absurd arguments which were never likely to succeed.