6 + 2 Point Deductions

I know people will come back and say they are completely independent of each other, but I really hope that there was something in Everton’s almost gleeful acceptance of the first charge (and complete silence since) that might have meant we dealt with both charges (e.g accept this point deduction gracefully now, stop bad mouthing us in public, let this be the end of it and we look the other way on the second charge)

Clutching at straws but it would explain a lot about how spineless Everton have been since the 6 points were announced.
I think our barrister made some good points in our appeal on the first charge and indicated strongly one of them which I think was carried on at the second charge by his replacement, I’m expecting a walkover for this second charge although I’ve been told, by someone who got the first punishment correct, we will lose one more point.
This doesn’t mean we will get only one point loss, which I think is too much same as the first penalty was too much even with the four point reduction.

Gut feeling says 4pts which puts us just behind Forest but we still have that game in hand....sort of setting us both level again. They'll bank on Forest not being arsey about that and us being glad it wasn't 10 again. I'd bet in their small minds they believe everyone will be happy with that and a line is drawn under the mess they created for no need. Hopefully we'd appeal and ruin the season for them.

Their two points weren't for not appealing. If Everton don't get those same points off any deduction, they're worse at this than everyone already thought. Basically all Forest had to do was go to the commission hearing; they were still able to make absurd arguments which were never likely to succeed.

I find it offensive that they quoted false information about Everton when charging Forest. Totally bewildering and the 2pt benefit to them totally disregards the statement about us being transparent.

But we werent given 2pts and they deliberately used themselves ignoring the deadline to sell Johnson for more money.

Just bewildering.

I think our barrister made some good points in our appeal on the first charge and indicated strongly one of them which I think was carried on at the second charge by his replacement, I’m expecting a walkover for this second charge although I’ve been told, by someone who got the first punishment correct, we will lose one more point.
This doesn’t mean we will get only one point loss, which I think is too much same as the first penalty was too much even with the four point reduction.

We'll get one more point but it doesnt mean we'll only get 1pt loss?

What do you mean?

Gut feeling says 4pts which puts us just behind Forest but we still have that game in hand....sort of setting us both level again. They'll bank on Forest not being arsey about that and us being glad it wasn't 10 again. I'd bet in their small minds they believe everyone will be happy with that and a line is drawn under the mess they created for no need. Hopefully we'd appeal and ruin the season for them.

The thing is, 3pts or more is the same or worse as going into administration.

The thing is, 3pts or more is the same or worse as going into administration.
Not though is it because it's separate charges. Still would be outrageous if we're docked 9 or more points for our transgressions where there are actual criminal teams in the division going unscathed. I do feel it'll be a 4-5 penalty, which will be tough, but will still give us a fighting chance.

I've clocked out with it as it's become very clear they wing it. As the Fan Advisory Board said;

• “We’ve now had 3 hearings, overseen by 3 different commissions, applying 3 different approaches, and reaching 3 different conclusions. In the last week, we’ve also seen the Premier League confirm that it will be looking to change the PSR rules as early as this summer.

My guess is 2 points.

We're told any breach is a points deduction, and I'm thinking they'll acknowledge existing penalty/period.

I do have a concern though it could become "we'll its a second breach that you didn't take steps to resolve" and hammer us more.

Feels pointless trying to apply logic/second guess it though as it's such a chaotic, agenda driven process.

Not though is it because it's separate charges. Still would be outrageous if we're docked 9 or more points for our transgressions where there are actual criminal teams in the division going unscathed. I do feel it'll be a 4-5 penalty, which will be tough, but will still give us a fighting chance.
This is it mate, doubling down on relegation fodder whereas the real cheats are still fighting for the title unscathed. Couldn't make it up.

This is it mate, doubling down on relegation fodder whereas the real cheats are still fighting for the title unscathed. Couldn't make it up.

I've clocked out with it as it's become very clear they wing it. As the Fan Advisory Board said;

• “We’ve now had 3 hearings, overseen by 3 different commissions, applying 3 different approaches, and reaching 3 different conclusions. In the last week, we’ve also seen the Premier League confirm that it will be looking to change the PSR rules as early as this summer.

My guess is 2 points.

We're told any breach is a points deduction, and I'm thinking they'll acknowledge existing penalty/period.

I do have a concern though it could become "we'll its a second breach that you didn't take steps to resolve" and hammer us more.

Feels pointless trying to apply logic/second guess it though as it's such a chaotic, agenda driven process.
Would be incredibly harsh to apply 2 penalties for 2 different accounting periods in the same season. You could even ask how does that support the sustainability of a football club?